What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home sharing

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
How does the 2 Apple TV's work? I was thinking of getting a 2nd one. Do they show as 2 TV's to pick from?

Yes, make sure to name them differently in the settings and they will both show up.

If you are going to stream to more than one device from another wireless device, I would really recommend a Dual Band Wireless N router. While it wont speed up your internet, it will speed up all the connections inside your home network. It made a world of difference when I went from G to N. I have an average of 5 devices connected and running. BlueRay Wifi, Apple TV, Wireless Storage, Laptop, Desktop, iPad and sometimes my iPod Touch.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How does the 2 Apple TV's work? I was thinking of getting a 2nd one. Do they show as 2 TV's to pick from?

Yes, make sure to name them differently in the settings and they will both show up.

If you are going to stream to more than one device from another wireless device, I would really recommend a Dual Band Wireless N router. While it wont speed up your internet, it will speed up all the connections inside your home network. It made a world of difference when I went from G to N. I have an average of 5 devices connected and running. BlueRay Wifi, Apple TV, Wireless Storage, Laptop, Desktop, iPad and sometimes my iPod Touch.

Thanks for the Router tip. We have a N router already, but not a dual band. We are moving in 2 months, and will be shopping for a new router. We have Xbox 360, Apple TV, 2 iPods, 2 iPads, and multiple laptops....

pklissas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad unable to turn on home sharing problem.

I was having the same problem. After some research and going to the support forums on Apple.com, I logged into my itunes account and noticed they were saying your password should be 8 characters long and include 1 UPPER case and 1 number. Mine was 7 characters long and NO upper case. So I reset my password to the specified requirements. Went back into the iPad settings area, re-entered my user ID and (new) password. And voila! Home sharing enabled. Hope this helps.

Most reactions