What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Sharing in iTunes

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the place to post this but how does Home Sharing in ITunes work? I set it up on my iMac (main computer) then turned set it up on my wife's iMac using my iTunes account info when setting each up. I did this so my wife could get access to my music and apps to load on the iPad 2 I bought her yesterday. When I go to her iMac and open up iTunes, Home Sharing is displayed as running but I do not see my music/apps. My iMac is turned on and the computers are connected to am Airport Extreme router (hers wirelessly).
Thanks!

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
It won't share apps, but it should share your music, never done it iTunes on mac to mac only pc to iPad/iPhone so not sure exactly how you enable it on the other iTunes.

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you set up home sharing on your Mac and then set it up on the iPod app in your wife's iPad she can listen to the music without installing it on her device. Did you go into the music library on her Mac and add the files/folders that you want to share?

OP
J

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
b00bie said:
If you set up home sharing on your Mac and then set it up on the iPod app in your wife's iPad she can listen to the music without installing it on her device. Did you go into the music library on her Mac and add the files/folders that you want to share?

Not sure how to do this exactly.

Thanks for the information though. I will research it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
BTW, iTunes must be running on the source computer. You probably know this, but it wasn't mentioned so I thought I'd make sure you knew.

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For iPod sharing go into settings and select iPod at the bottom you'll see optios to add your ITunes information.

On your wife's Mac open iTunes go into the file menu and you will see options to add files or folders to her library. When you open her Mac You should see your music library in the shared item in the left hand pane, if not your sharing is not properly setup or as the poet pointed out in the previous post your host Mac is not on line.

OP
J

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excellent!

Thanks poet and bOObie. Works with my iPad 2 so I am sure it will with hers.

Thanks again!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts