What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Made case -- iPad Under Water

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it would wrk well for protecting against splashes and rainy days. Like sitting on the porch using ipad while raining or drizzling outside. If i were to use it in water, id double up the ziplock bag or vacuum seal it, like the mod said.

trades

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheap waterproof case for iPad or iPhone

Zip lock saves the day. Every night i listen to pod-casts or the occasional movie with either my iPad or iPhone in a zip lock while relaxing in my hottub. I've also used during a canoe trip with my maps and sky charts ready to go.

DJP1984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
crazy idea! but it will great idea for diver people so they can navigator under water, i not know if GPS will work underwater.... if not so they can basic map without gps to plan journey....or read and surf when you bath ,-- great idea with lay and rest enjoy bath or shower <-- crazy and stupid people will do it.... waterproof will great usefully...

i would make simple of it... if i was engineer, i will put case airtight and watertight

option 1 enlarge size plenty space for pin plug (see reason later) and hold all edge and buy spare wire pin plug thought airtight and watertight case. make sure transparent screen where can press work well as well... and spare wire pin plug make it waterproof wire cover and put maybe in case battery flat.... at underwater.. if battery box bring for long time underwater (which really not need as it can through 10 hours)

option 2 build case watertight and airtight make sure transparent screen watertight and airtight and press work... it is basic and simple which battery not need charge - which i point before not need charger underwater as ipad can operate for 10 hours anyway

i should not revives this plan so you can stole my idea (by way i am not engineer anyway... and it is need patent) by way i think it will very low profit income anyway as few people will buy it for this reason... (free my plan to your welcome build it) by way tip for me will be lovely (LOL)

Most reactions