What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home button?

Dulcimer42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. I was told to close something, I swipe up then hit the "home button." I don't see anything that appears to be a home button. Where is it and what does it look like.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. I was told to close something, I swipe up then hit the "home button." I don't see anything that appears to be a home button. Where is it and what does it look like.

If you mean to close out an app...

Force the app to close down*by pushing the home button twice or by doing a 4-finger swipe upward to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete.

Your home button is the round bezel shaped button on the iPad. You can access the multi-task bar by double pressing that quickly as mentioned above.

OP
D

Dulcimer42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But skimonkey,, you also tell me to push the home button and I cannot find a home button

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dulcimer42 said:
But skimonkey,, you also tell me to push the home button and I cannot find a home button

I did tell you...it's the round bezel button on your iPad.

See the picture:

image-2907318178.jpg

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dulcimer42 said:

You don't have to do both, just one or the other.

Swipe up with 4 fingers, hold down the app for a few seconds and press the red - on the screen.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Dulcimer...you have 3 threads that is asking the same question and will be too difficult for members to help you. This is also against the forum rules. Please stick to this thread or the other you have created.

Thanks!

OP
D

Dulcimer42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, ski monkey. Didn't mean to cause confusion. Was hang trouble finding the first thread I started so asked again. I'm very new at this and did not mean o no follow the correct protocol. Anyway, thanks for our help

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, ski monkey. Didn't mean to cause confusion. Was hang trouble finding the first thread I started so asked again. I'm very new at this and did not mean o no follow the correct protocol. Anyway, thanks for our help

No worry, hope you were able to sort your issue out!

Most reactions

Latest posts