What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help please, Home button not working ipad mini

scrabble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased an ipad mini in May 2013 and I have a warranty on it. The Home button does not work at all. I took it to the Apple Store this morning and they verified that it would not work. They told me that they can give me a refurbished ipad mini or that I can go to: Settings/General/Accessibility and Assistive Touch and I will have a Home button. Should I get a refurbished ipad (used) or should I just rest on my laurels using the button that can be used thru the above settings? Thanks for advice, please. They told me that if they give me a restored ipad mini that I will not lose any information that I presently have. Advice, needed please.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd choose the refurbished mini in your case. Although they were used before, they are as good as new, afaik.

The button they were referring to, is easily visible on a light screen:
image.jpg

At the right

If you have a dark home screen, it will be hard to discover:
image.jpg

OP
S

scrabble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd choose the refurbished mini in your case. Although they were used before, they are as good as new, afaik.

The button they were referring to, is easily visible on a light screen:
View attachment 60957
At the right

If you have a dark home screen, it will be hard to discover:
View attachment 60958
Thank you very much for your always excellent help. Someone told me to reset all settings and I did this, but it did not affect the Home button. After doing this, I did have to look up my password for my Wifi. The tech man at the Apple Store gave me Assistive Touch Home button and now "Find my iphone" has been disabled --- and I guess this is OK because I do not own an iphone.??? Thanks again.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to help.

On the iPad, it's called "Find my iPad" (of course) and can be found in iCloud settings. If this is disabled and you want to use it, you'll have to turn it on again.

Most reactions

Latest posts