What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hide Apps

Manowar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My boss doen't want personal apps on my work issued ipad. Is there a way I can hide apps or can I lock my slide screen so he only can see the 1st screen? Thanks.

KekszNET

iPF Noob
Reaction score
off: Your boss isn't normal. Such an innovative tool without personal apps is useless :-D

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMHO, hiding something from the person who gave you the iPad is a bad idea.

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Manowar said:
My boss doen't want personal apps on my work issued ipad. Is there a way I can hide apps or can I lock my slide screen so he only can see the 1st screen? Thanks.

My opinion:

You could purchase a personal iPad - just some of my ethics coming out.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No, there is no way of doing that without jailbreaking the iPad, which your boss would be even more likely to notice.

Ethics aside, it's a bad idea to be dishonest with your boss. Those kind of things almost always come back to haunt you.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't think of any app. And if finances allowed, I'm with others that say get a personal one. It must be hard to not have personal apps on there--so, so tempting! Sounds like your boss has laid down the law though-your decision if you can find a way that you think hides it, but if your iPad gets synced to a desktop at work, the apps I would think would show up. My employer does not even allow employees to put in our own personal desktop wallpaper (e.g. like people's own pictures, etc) on our desktop computers. Thus, my personal gadgets are mine to use as I please as my work computer is the property of my employer and subject to company rules which as owners of the computer, is their right to dictate and which is made crystal clear to all of us on a regular basis. I have seen colleagues reprimanded as well as fired over inappropriate use.

Most reactions

Latest posts