What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hidden email password

ddsrph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have forgotten my hotmail email password because it is in my IPad and I never have to type it in. When I tried to access my email from another computer I realized I have forgotten it. I have tried but all I can see is the dots. Is there any way to have the iPad display my actual password. The problem is compounded because I can't reset the password due to the secondary email Microsoft has is no longer valid. That leads to a deadend when I try to simply reset the password.

Thanks
JM

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the only place you had the password entered was in the Mail app, then no. It's hashed and not recoverable.

If you occasionally use Safari to log into your email via their website, and you had the password feature turned on, and you said yes when Safari asked you to save it (a lot of ifs here), then you might be able to find it under Settings > Safari > Passwords & Autofill > Saved Passwords. It will be locked behind a pin, that you, hopefully, have not forgotten.

Other than that, you're probably going to have to work your way though HotMails support system. Be prepared to prove you are who you are. After several high profile celebrity hacks, over the phone password support has become far more demanding.

And, it might be a good time to consider a good password app. There are simply too many things these days that require passwords, good secure passwords. It's too much for most people to keep in their head.

Most reactions

Latest posts