What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi im new ineed a help!

f.emo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I do normal calls from my ipad 2 3G ?and how?

OP
F

f.emo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So there is no way to do that???

:(

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Much depends on what you think of as "normal" phone calls. If you are speaking of using the iPad like a cell phone, this question has been answered...no.

However, I suspect there are many who make phone calls via the iPad and some type of voice-over-IP type of thing. Google Voice and Skype are the two that come to mind (because I use them). I am sure there are others.

OP
F

f.emo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But if I have a app that is free but my friends they don't can I call them ???

And how

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

And how

If you're talking about an app such as Skype, both you and the recipient of the call have to have the app.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well as already suggested, Skype is certainly a VOIP option to make video calls - I've also used FaceTime w/ my son on his iPad (for the latter a Wi-Fi connection is needed and both correspondents must be using an i-Device w/ the app functioning) - :)

Frawick

iPF Noob
Reaction score

And how

Skype and other AAPs will let you make calls to phone numbers of those without the APP, but you'll be charged a rate of a few cents per minute.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Skype and other AAPs will let you make calls to phone numbers of those without the APP, but you'll be charged a rate of a few cents per minute.

Well, I'm not sure 'where' you are located, but for 'personal' calls in the USA, Skype & FaceTime​ have cost me nothing to use w/ VOIP - :)

OP
F

f.emo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is thes just the way!!!

I mean just Skype and face time are the 2apps
So icant call my friend if they don't have those apps???
;(

Frawick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is thes just the way!!!

I mean just Skype and face time are the 2apps
So icant call my friend if they don't have those apps???
;(

you can call using skype even if your friend does not have the APP. You can buy credits from skype that lets you dial a land line or cell phone.

OP
F

f.emo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi sorry it didn't work with me the magic jack I don't know what's the rong ???!!! ;;;;(

Most reactions

Latest posts