What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi All!

plsleite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I am new member of the forum and have a windows laptop i sync with. I wanted to get my documents etc over to the iPad and have loaded Pages on the iPad as well as iCloud on both. However I can't work out where to drop my word files on my pc so that I can read them on the iPad. Am I being daft..

Hi there.
I think u should try Dropbox. It's easier than the iTunes process, but Pages won't save the file back to Dropbox.
Take a look at http://www.ipadforums.net/iwork-forum/56245-sync-documents-between-pages-w7.html

amb_ksa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the in depth analysis and thorough review of such applications ... But me as a new user of IPad 2 can I have these apps all at once downloaded in my IPad and using them based on your analysis... DTG for normal use and O2 for large file ... Please advise..

Regards'

ChaystEr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I admit i heavily rely on an Excel app for my business my only concern is that what app on the roster can help me insert jpeg pictures on an excel app, its just that simple i dont need formulas whatsoever i just need to insert jpeg and edit some texts on an excel file and im good to go, hope i can hear from you guys.. Maybe ill add soon an example of the kind of excel file im talking about ill share it thru dropbox first so i can paste the link here..
Thanks!!

Kolbabek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a lot of .ppt and .doc files. Writting and editing. Can you point me to the best solution for me (office apps), for my ipad of course. Thanks

01steve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have managed to upload PDF and Video to my iPad2. However I can not seem to upload a simple excel and word doc to my iPad2 via iTunes. I need to email these docs and I only have a 3G connection on my iPad. Can any one tell me how to do this? Where will the docs be saved to on my iPad?

ChaystEr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
01steve said:
Hey guys. I have managed to upload PDF and Video to my iPad2. However I can not seem to upload a simple excel and word doc to my iPad2 via iTunes. I need to email these docs and I only have a 3G connection on my iPad. Can any one tell me how to do this? Where will the docs be saved to on my iPad?

Try using Dropbox. But first you need an App that will open your docs and excel files on your ipad.. Like docs to go, office2 or something. Maybe thats the reason also that you cannot copy the files thru itunes.. Because there is no app supporting those files yet.. Pdf can be opened in ibooks..
Also, you need to have dropbox installed in the pc or laptop where your file will originate.

Just my 2 pesos cents..

Sent from my iPad2 3g+WiFi using Forum Runner

lkilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Evernote is also a great app for loading up Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and PDF files. You have the added advantage of being able to share/open the documents on multiple computers/devices.

Stattovic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bottom line is which of these will read an MS Word file from an e-mail attachment on my ipad please.

lkilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can email a Word document to myself, using my Gmail account. I can open it with the built-in email reader that comes with iPad. I can then send it to Pages and open it there.

Opening MS files is not difficult.

jetact

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am need to the forum and have been reading it a bit and found that you all have great information. I like it when I can read a forum and see that the people that use it and post are knowledgeable and passionate in what they are talking about.

I have not purchased an ipad yet but am planning on it, that is the reason I am reading up on it. My question that I have looked around for but not found a difinitive answer to is this. I see that I can open word files on the ipad with a few different apps. Can I have a folder on my screen that I can tap to open that has other folders in it and open whats in them. It would be like what is in my documents on my laptop. I click in the file and it opens up and there are other folders. I open them and click on the word file I want to open.

What I am doing is, I want to put all of my recipes on my ipad and be able to mount it or on a stand in my kitchen and then read my recipes with out priniting them on paper or having my laptop on the counter. I have a recipe file in my documents and it has 12 folders in it, ie. salads, salad dressings, rolls, and so forth. I want to touch the file and be able to open it on the screen . I see where it has been shown that you can move files to pages or DTG but it looks like one at a time. I have to many to do it and I like to have them in categories. Is this possible? Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give a newbie.

lkilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jetact,

You might consider using Dropbox, or something like it. You already have all of your recipes in multiple folders, so dump all of them into Dropbox, that you install on your desktop/laptop and then use the Dropbox app on iPad to access them. You are able to keep the files in the folders that you like. I access Word and Powerpoint files on my iPad all the time, using my Dropbox account.

211ssw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lkilgore said:
jetact,

You might consider using Dropbox, or something like it. You already have all of your recipes in multiple folders, so dump all of them into Dropbox, that you install on your desktop/laptop and then use the Dropbox app on iPad to access them. You are able to keep the files in the folders that you like. I access Word and Powerpoint files on my iPad all the time, using my Dropbox account.

Keep tHis as basic instruction about putting order in compiling all my vast collections of info, in folders for. Shop, personal folders for things like recipes but this can be all-inclusive for anyone's records.

Most reactions

Latest posts