What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi all noob here just checking in...

Mad_Maru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I finally had to see what all the fuss was about and bought myself a 2nd hand iPad 64gb wi-fi 3G. Now the price was good value for an unlocked US version less then a year old and it still has warranty.

So after just over a month I'm settling in with it I opted for a Zaggmate case & keyboard and the whole package is now even better for what I need.

Now I just need to know how to copy a pdf to it as I have a few larger ones I'd prefer to have on my device.

Rich

Sent from my iPhone® using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!
You can easily simply email a PDF file to your iPad. iBooks can read PDFs so there's no problem.

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
Mad_Maru

Mad_Maru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim,

Sorry my question wasn't clear I'm trying to put PDF files that are in excess of 75mb (car FSM etc) which none of my email hosts will send in one hit. So my question is can I import this direct from my PC to my iPad or iPhone?

Sent from my iPhone® using Tapatalk

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another way is to use the third-party app, GoodReader. This will allow you to transfer any file from your PC to your iPad using WiFi.

Tim

OP
Mad_Maru

Mad_Maru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPDATE:
After 5 months of ownership of my iPad 1 64GB wifi/3G, I decided to sell it onto a friend who was very keen to take on ownership of it.

I have to admit to having been converted to the tablet scene after owning the 2nd hand iPad 1, I was made an unmissiable offer via 3 network for an upgrade of my mobile broadband account that included a brand new iPad 2 with 15GB of available data and a huge credit made to my account to offset the initial price of the device. So with not having to pay any monthly fees for over 9 months I so couldn't not take this deal.

Coupled with the sale of the previous iPad I am paying less than £150 for the brand new device. Anyway after a brief comparison I can safely say the 2nd iPad is definately worth the outlay and quite different in comparison to the previous one even the design is more sculptured then the last and definately faster with less crashing of apps.

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk

Most reactions