What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi about to be a new IPAD owner

michaela1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
My name is Mary Ann. I've had IPAD 2 envy for months now and am about to succumb. This looks like THE place to be! My question for everyone though is this. I plan to get the 3 G model but in researching on line I keep seeing a lot of comments about Verizon 3 G having connect problems on the IPAD 2 is this still an ongoing problem? I was planning to get aT&T but they are out of stock almost everywhere. Should I wait- are the verizon issues really common? Thanks for any guidance you can give me.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

I saw your question about Verizon versus AT&T. One other issue that might affect you is that the Verizon model will only work in the US and a very few other countries. So, if you ever think you might want to use your iPad abroad, you should only get the AT&T model.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
M

michaela1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi thanks for the welcome. I am looking forward to participating here. I just bought IPAD 2 the missing manual and I love it- has me really excited. I don't really expect to travel overseas- at least not often if at all. I do visit California a lot. I just want to make sure that if the verizon 3 G is a real problem I dont spend all this money and find I'm stuck with it. I do have wifi at home and on the commuter train but I still want to be fairly sure my 3 G will work if I need it. Just hoping to hear from others, what their experiences with verizon and AT&T have been recently.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Carrier coverage can vary a lot with location. You'd be better off asking locally among iPad users.

That said, my iPad 1 and 2 are AT&T. I've taken them overseas and had them work without problem in GSM countries. I've also taken them literally across country on road trips, and spend a lot of time on both U.S. coasts, without problem. AT&T has provided great coverage for my iPad needs.

For phone coverage, AT&T often sucks in cities that I frequent, but the phone and iPad coverage don't necessarily match, from my experience.

Most reactions

Latest posts