What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey from Texas

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey my name is Jordan. I don't currently don't have an iPad but am interested in getting one. I got the 1st gen iPod Touch and was kinda mad when the 2nd gen came out. So I'm still deciding if I want to take the plunge with this or not. I know it rumored that the 2nd gen iPad may have a camera but even if it did I don't think I would use it much if at all. I will make up my mind when my next student loans come in.
Other than that I am in school for Accounting. And think the iPad will be a great tool for school and the occasional trip.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Welcome from a fellow Texan!

The new model of everything is just around the corner, be it a car or washing machine or iPad. I have an iPhone 3G which is getting ready to be two generations old, but it still does what I need and I still use it. So when the loan comes in, if you can afford it....go for it.....

I couldn't care less about a came a on my iPad. I know some people do, but for me it would be a waste.

Anyway, glad you are here!

OP
Jman09

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah I agree there's always something new. I usually take my MacBook to school each day but don't do much more than internet browsing which I could do on the iPad.

misterkofa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome from a fellow Texan!

The new model of everything is just around the corner, be it a car or washing machine or iPad. I have an iPhone 3G which is getting ready to be two generations old, but it still does what I need and I still use it. So when the loan comes in, if you can afford it....go for it.....

I couldn't care less about a came a on my iPad. I know some people do, but for me it would be a waste.

Anyway, glad you are here!

I agree... why would you need a camera on your iPad? Isn't that what your phone is for? I see myself holding on to my iPad at least of another generation. Maybe Gen 2 will have much improved features but I"m not seeing the next one something to worry about, even if they add a cam.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, hope to see you around!:)

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome, and if you can afford it, get it. You'll love it. My daughter is finishing her freshman year at college and she too had to wait on a school refund, but ordered hers a week ago, and will have it next week. As soon as she saw mine, she had to have one :)

OP
Jman09

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes. I am also getting a $50 BestBuy gift card soon. So it makes upgrading to the 32GB model a good idea, especially since I want it to last more than a year or two. I will be upgrading my cell phone next summer most likely to whatever new iPhone comes out then.

Most reactions

Latest posts