What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help with Chrome for iOS bookmarks

mrjayviper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so I have sync my bookmarks I have on my MBP Chrome to the my google account.

It seems google keeps separate bookmark lists for desktop and mobile on the ipad. BUT I only want a single list. I don't want to maintain 2 lists. I've looked at the options on both chrome iOS and OSX versions but nothing stands out.

How can do have only 1 bookmark list across my devices (desktops/notebooks/mobile devices)? thanks :)

Last edited:

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Just don't use the mobile bookmarks folder. I've never used it since using chrome on ipad any new bookmark is added to my current bookmark structure and is instantly updated on chrome desktop and vice versa.

I think you would only want to use the mobile bookmarks folder for specific mobile version of sites that you wouldn't want on the desktop.

OP
M

mrjayviper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"current bookmark structure"? when I try to bookmark something on the ipad, it goes to "mobile bookmarks" by default.

On my MBP and using Chrome, mobile bookmarks won't appear on the toolbar.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
When you create a bookmark you can choose where it goes, just don't put it in the mobiles bookmark folder.

OP
M

mrjayviper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that's well and good but when I want to open a bookmark on the ipad, its default is to open mobile bookmarks.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Mine defaults to whatever the last folder you used. So I never see the mobile one because I never use it.

Most reactions

Latest posts