What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help setting using Icloud - New apple user

Realism51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never owned an apple product in the past and I never liked them. I have been with the Android OS since it came out, and I have gone through 5 different tablets trying to find one that works how I need and want it to. Sadly, I must say that I took a leap and a prayer and purchased an Ipad 3 yesterday. I know its going to a different OS so I expect it to take a month or two before i start learning how to use it well, But what I am having issues with the the Icloud.
Basically what I was told in the store is that Apple gives 5GB free. I cant figure out how to upload music to the Icloud and access it (without downloading it) from my ipad. I was hoping it would be set up similar to DropBox or some such like that. With same access like you would find using DropBox.
I only have 2GB on dropbox, so the 5GB offered by Apple would be nice to use for music, I only really have about 2-3 GB or music i would want to have on the cloud anyways.
Can someone instruct me how to add music and videos and access them, (Im not talking about the Itunes match for $25)?

Also on a side note, I know with Android OS there were several other apps you could download that made navigating the appstore easier. With Apple appstore, i find it a complex nightmare for me, is there a simpler one that allows me to do it a different way. ?

rickson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same question, I would like to store my music on the iCloud but can't seem to figure it out. My first apple product so if I'm missing something obvious be kind.

busrig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Music is not stored in iCloud as it is more of a syncing service.

lasllcap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
busrig said:
Music is not stored in iCloud as it is more of a syncing service.

Absolutely. iCloud is definitely not a dropbox type of service; unfortunately, Apples penchant for no instructions, no info other than the most minimal possible leads a lot of folks to come to that. If you need/want to upload material and have it avail to you elsewhere you need to pick up an actual cloud or online service for that.

Most reactions

Latest posts