What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help please

Hashhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

I was hoping someone could give me some advice, I recently tried replacing my digitiser on my ipad 3 but in doing so I damaged my wifi antenna and also my power button and volume controls stopped
working.
I ordered a new antenna and power assembly and fitted them, the wifi works perfectly but the power
button still does nothing. I did notice however that when I unseated the ribbon it actually activated th switch making a noise like it had, but when I seated it, it wasn't working, same thing happens when I
try the original assembly.
My camera also seems to not work anymore, could this be related to the switch problem. I have checked every ribbon connection and everything seems ok. Also my auto rotate doesn't work.

Other problems include frequent crashes from most apps and when it crashes I have to plug into
charger to get it to comeback on, otherwise it gets to the apple logo the crashes continuously. I have
tried a full restore a couple times to no avail.

Sorry for going on but it is driving me crazy, should I replace the front and back camera or do you have any other suggestions on what to try or do I just throw it out my window.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hashhead.

:p
Sent using the free mail.com iPad App

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to get your iPad 3 working at this point, you should consider taking it to an approved independent repair shop to ask for an estimate. The costs to repair the current damage may make it an uneconomical proposition.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

My, your list just kept getting longer and I'm wondering if you do start fixing certain things you may find more damage elsewhere.

Why were you replacing the digitiser in the first place? Was it from a drop of your iPad? If so, maybe damage was caused from this and not just from replacing the digitiser. Was it working before this?

I tend to agree that there are so many things wrong that it may be a cost prohibitive exercise to undertake regardless.

You know it may have been a better route to try Apple first.....they've been known to offer a replacement at half the original cost.

Maybe it's not too late to find out.......

Most reactions

Latest posts