What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed!

kevmars

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have an I pad 2 with my own apple id an my wife has an iPhone 3GS with her own apple id. She recently tried to do some updates an it popped up with my apple I'd. Went into her settings and it has got her apple id stored in the settings memory. So my question is this after reading a few things on the web how is my apple id on my wife's fone?
She is still able to download even when my I'd pops up

Cheers guys

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could she have some apps on her phone that you've bought/downloaded with your Apple Store ID? 'Cause those apps are always tied to that ID. This includes any updates.

So, you need to sign into either iTunes and update the apps with your ID or sign onto her iPhone with your ID. Then, you can update those apps that require your ID. Once that's done, she can sign back in and all will be good to go.

It's just something you'll have to keep doing, unless she wants to re-purchase those apps with her ID (which may not be a bad idea if they are free - but an expensive one if you paid money for them).

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts