What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed first time sync with PC after 6 months of using. Never synced before.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm hoping anyone can answer this for me. I have owned and used my iPad 2 from new 6 months ago. I first activated it in a wifi network without a pc, and I have used it this way since. I have lots of files inside my apps that can't be backed up but can be accessed from a pc. So I have a pc now and am about to do my first sync. I know in the past with my iPhone it blanked the data on it and even after syncing the apps back I lose all my associated files.
Will this happen this time? Will I lose everything like my pictures and files? I have never done a cloud sync either but I can do one before I start just I'm not sure if the 5gb will be enough.
Can I get the files off my apps like idownloads and document editing apps before I sync to iTunes?
Any advice would be helpful.
iPad 2 32gb 3G and wifi model.
Many thanks

OP
therealriley

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also on 5.0.1 and need to upgrade to latest firmware. Any advice please.

Mini_mi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Syncing through ITunes shouldn't cause any loss of data on your IPad. Also, unless you specify that photos and/or data be removed, they will remain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts