What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me pleasssee!!

laudan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to get on the regular Internet site on my phone but no matter what it's the mobile site. I know you can do it. I have an iPhone so I have Internet and the app for it but both show up mobile

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a different Internet Browser, something like Atomic Web will allow you to select (in its settings) whether it presents itself as a Mobile or Desktop. Remember the sites will be REALLY small on the iPhone and harder to use, hence the mobile versions.

(The "native" Safari app can't do this)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, some sites, at the very bottom of their [usually] home page, will have a link for you to be re-directed to their "normal" desktop version. But, not all do (no matter what you do - you're forced to the mobile version if you're using Safari). As Jeeper pointed out - it makes it smaller because it's not designed to be seen on the iPad.

But, if they've provided it, try looking at the bottom of the page. Else, I suggest you use Jeeper's excellent advice to use a different web browser to "trick" the web page into thinking you're visiting on a non-mobile device.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts