What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP! I won a free iPad but I don't have wireless internet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On the off chance that your laptop is a Mac, you can create a local wireless networks and share your internet with the iPad that way.

Mac OS X 10.6 Help: Sharing your Internet connection

It seems to me that this should be possible on Windows as well, but I admit all my research leads to the creation of an Ad-Hock network (not a full network with DHCP service like OSX will create), and that will not work with the iPad.

OP
S

Shakedaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys, I don't use a Mac but those are good ideas, thank you! :)

Reaction score
My first router was under $30 and lasted over a year until I upgraded it.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Nancybout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congrats on your win,hook up USB to iPad to laptop n sync apps,books,etc...I'd buy a router definitely if I won the pad:) than you'll be set for wifi.I believe mcdonalds,Starbucks,many places outside have hotspots for wifi....you also can google wifi hotspots,your area...
ATT has loads of hotspots too,so you can take the pad out without 3G.
Good luck and enjoy!!!!!!LUCKY WIN:)

Aftershock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, cheap wireless router is the answer. If you phone your ISP they might even give you one FOC. Most ISP's give them away when you sign up with them, so tell them your will just go to another provider if you cant have one.

Most reactions