What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Airplay only playing audio!

weberjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, hoping someone can help. Trying to play a movie from iPad air played to Apple TV, has always worked previously but not only plays sound while the video continues to play on the iPad itself.

Apple TV has recently been updated, as has the iPad.

Thanks!

apple911.ca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try to reset all settings, if that does not work you could try a restore and setup as new. You can follow the steps on my website if needed (see username)

JayMcBee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some apps just stream audio - is it the same app just streaming audio now that had video before?
Did you try resetting your Apple TV to factory settings?
(I suppose you already tried rebooting the Apple TV, iPad and router)

Cheers,
Jan

Webalistic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.webalistic.com
I read somewhere that in IOS7 some quality checking is done. If the connection doesn't meet the minimum requirements, the airplay option 'reduces' to Audio only.
I used to be able to airplay to my Raspberry Pi with XBMC. Since IOS7 it only shows the Pi as an audio streaming option. Bit of a shame really. Never experienced 'quality issues' before.

Most reactions

Latest posts