What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

jimmy23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello im new,
I dont currently own an ipad but i will get the ipad 3 when it comes out.
What memory size would you think would be best, at the moment im thinking 32GB but i dont know if thats enough?
What accesories should i get? im thinking about a wireless keyboard and a smart cover, if they can be used for the ipad 3?
What are some good apps to get?
I am going to use my ipad to do work on so what apps that are like microsft office the best?
And do you have an idea when the Ipad 3 will be released?:ipad-back:

EDIT - I am also intrested in drawing apps, what ones are the best?

trudy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimmy23 said:
Hello im new,
I dont currently own an ipad but i will get the ipad 3 when it comes out.
What memory size would you think would be best, at the moment im thinking 32GB but i dont know if thats enough?
What accesories should i get? im thinking about a wireless keyboard and a smart cover, if they can be used for the ipad 3?
I am going to use my ipad to do work on so what apps that are like microsft office the best?
And do you have an idea when the Ipad 3 will be released?:ipad-back:

EDIT - I am also intrested in drawing apps, what ones are the best?

32 GB is probably enough. Pages is a good word processing pram for 9.99 you can email pages in Pages, Word or PDF. THere are good PDF readers also. Good luck

rtruett14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A lot of questions, I'll try and tackle some for you!

jimmy23 said:
What memory size would you think would be best?

I have the 16GB and have had no problems with running out of space, but if you think 32 wouldn't be enough, then definitely don't get the 16GB. I was skeptical of only having 16 at first, but as I said I have had no problems. I'd go with the 32.

jimmy23 said:
What accessories should I get? I'm thinking about a wireless keyboard and a smart cover, if they can be used for the iPad 3?

The only accessories I've purchased are a case (OtterBox), a screen protector, and a cloth to clean it with. I'm shopping around for a stylus, which is something you should probably get if you are interested in drawing apps. I'm kind of against keyboards for tablets because I think you should just then use an actual computer. Apple may or may not release a new case for the iPad 3, but they probably won't. Everybody is saying that the iPad 3 is about internal changes, not external, so I'm pretty sure the Smart Cover will still work.

jimmy23 said:

That's a very broad question, it all depends on what you're looking for. My favorite apps are Dropbox, Downloads for iPad, Instagram, Instapad, PicFrame, Medscape, Alarm Clock, Bakery Story, Twitter, Medscape and of course the iPad Forums app. You'll definitely need to download a calculator app, as that doesn't come stock.

jimmy23 said:
I am going to use my iPad to do work on so what apps that are like microsft office the best?

Couldn't really help you with this one, but Apple has Pages, Keynote and Numbers. You can use iBooks to read PDFs, and Apple has an iBook called iPad at Work that could really help you.

jimmy23 said:
And do you have an idea when the Ipad 3 will be released?

I think they said an Apple announcement is speculated for early March?

jimmy23 said:
I am also intrested in drawing apps, what ones are the best?

For note taking I use Bamboo Paper, for misc. drawing, Doodle Buddy.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
J

jimmy23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A lot of questions, I'll try and tackle some for you!
I have the 16GB and have had no problems with running out of space, but if you think 32 wouldn't be enough, then definitely don't get the 16GB. I was skeptical of only having 16 at first, but as I said I have had no problems. I'd go with the 32.
The only accessories I've purchased are a case (OtterBox), a screen protector, and a cloth to clean it with. I'm shopping around for a stylus, which is something you should probably get if you are interested in drawing apps. I'm kind of against keyboards for tablets because I think you should just then use an actual computer. Apple may or may not release a new case for the iPad 3, but they probably won't. Everybody is saying that the iPad 3 is about internal changes, not external, so I'm pretty sure the Smart Cover will still work.
That's a very broad question, it all depends on what you're looking for. My favorite apps are Dropbox, Downloads for iPad, Instagram, Instapad, PicFrame, Medscape, Alarm Clock, Bakery Story, Twitter, Medscape and of course the iPad Forums app. You'll definitely need to download a calculator app, as that doesn't come stock.
Couldn't really help you with this one, but Apple has Pages, Keynote and Numbers. You can use iBooks to read PDFs, and Apple has an iBook called iPad at Work that could really help you.
I think they said an Apple announcement is speculated for early March?
For note taking I use Bamboo Paper, for misc. drawing, Doodle Buddy.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF
Thanks for a really responsive reply

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I see you've had some great replies already. The size to get depends on what it is you want to use your iPad for. Number 1 storage guzzler is movies, so will you want to have movies, then there is music and photos and a myriad of other apps to explore and use. Also to some degree when you first get an ipad you won't know
just how much it can do, I use mine for things that I never thought I would do. I would recommend at least a 32gb, but I always say to go for the biggest you can afford.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
J

jimmy23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I see you've had some great replies already. The size to get depends on what it is you want to use your iPad for. Number 1 storage guzzler is movies, so will you want to have movies, then there is music and photos and a myriad of other apps to explore and use. Also to some degree when you first get an ipad you won't know
just how much it can do, I use mine for things that I never thought I would do. I would recommend at least a 32gb, but I always say to go for the biggest you can afford.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF
Thanks for the welcome :)

Most reactions

Latest posts