What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello!

Joolz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just thought I would say a big HELLO as I have just joined.

Had my iPad since August last year and love it....just hope I can pick up some tips to get the most out of it from you guys on here :)

Joolz

AceOsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, welcome to the site, if you have any problems make a thread about it and someone I'm sure will help.
Welcome

OP
J

Joolz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind welcome - I'm just finding my way around at the moment :)

OP
J

Joolz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep - have done so.

Can you tell me is the forum section split into subject sections or can you ask any question anywhere?

I'm trying to find out if I need anti virus as my iPad occasionally quits apps to go to the home page for no reason.

Thanks,

Joolz

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Usually a memory shortage is the main reason for a crash.
Your two main options are to do a reboot of the iPad or get an app which will try to reclaim some of your ram.
Rebooting is the cheapest, though I believe apps like xsysinfo are only 99c.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep - have done so.

Can you tell me is the forum section split into subject sections or can you ask any question anywhere?

I'm trying to find out if I need anti virus as my iPad occasionally quits apps to go to the home page for no reason.

Thanks,

Joolz
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

Yes, the forum does have different sections for different topics. If you have questions, the best place to start would be the Help section.

AceOsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just reboot as the others said, or if you are short of memory delete some unwanted videos, photos, or apps.

OP
J

Joolz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you everyone.
I have a few other questions and want to pick up some tips.....so I'm off to surf the forum!

OP
J

Joolz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One last thing....how do I change my avatar?? I'm flicking, swiping, poking and prodding in vain! Lol!

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can change stuff such as avatars using the website, you can't directly change stuff like avatars using the iPad forums app

Most reactions

Latest posts