What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello World

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
Just a brief introduction.
Recently got a 3G/64GB iPad for personal use. My company uses the iPod and iPad for its product.
I had the opportunity to use the iPad for about 2 weeks as I carried around to tradeshows. I fell in love.

I have 3 Archos video units I have used for a number of years now. I still love them, they serve a purpose as I travel about 50 - 75% of the time for my job. I would carry them for watching movies on planes, in my hotel, on long layovers. I also had to carry an extra laptop if I wanted to do any personal stuff on the 'net as company policy is very strict.

But my iPad is now my complete road warrior solution. This may be as close to the perfect gadget for travelling and recreational stuff. I am still testing the waters for business use.

Thanks for letting me share.

R Sava
16Gb iPod Touch
64GB 3G iPad

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
Great report. I look forward to hearing how the iPad might work out as a total replacement for all the other equipment you listed. I was a long time Mac Book Pro user for all my mobile work including working on the road and sessions at conferences.

But now, with the iPad, I'm pushing the envelope and have left the Mac Book Pro at home. So far, I haven't missed a thing. I can do 90% of what I used to be able to do with none of the startup times and way more battery life! I can easily work an entire day at a conference on a single charge!

The only things I can't do on the road is software development since there's no Java and no IDE. For that, I will have to rely on the laptop.

Otherwise, the iPad rocks! :)

Piko

Most reactions

Latest posts