What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from New Orleans!

BuayaGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, just found out about this board when I was out at the Apple Store today, getting my new Steinheil AF antiglare shield put on :)

Jazz Fest is in full force down here, and I finally have my 16 gig iPad fully protected (bought it on day one.)

The iPad fits in perfectly between my iPhone and Mac Pro, since I don't currently have a laptop. The only issue I have at the moment is lack of good apps that I had on the iPhone that haven't been converted to iPad yet. I do use several iPhone apps on here, and in total have about 2.5 pages of apps so far (as opposed to something like 8 on the iPhone.)

Love the iPad though - on the first day, I showed it to my sister, and she liked it so much that I took her back out to the Apple store, and SHE bought one too :)

Glad to be a member over here - hope to pick up some great tips and maybe leave a few of my own!

--
"Wer keine fremde Sprache spricht, kennt seine Muttersprache nicht." - Goethe

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Glad to have you here, you represent your fair city well......

You speak of apps that have not been updated for iPad yet.... The one I am most waiting for is documents2go. I have had d2g since the Palm/Pocket Pc days, and on my iPhone. the iPhone version running on the iPad is a bit strange. Really want that update.....

Anyway, welcome!

OP
B

BuayaGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome :)

The app I'd really love to see on the iPad is Times RSS newsreader by Acryllic software. I emailed them to inquire about an iPad app, but no reply…

I'm trying to see if there's a way to stream Netflix movies, and have the movie output directly to my widescreen TV. has anyone else done this yet?

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome!

Bummed I'm missing Jazz Fest but I'll be down your way in about a week once my 3G arrives.

I'm waiting on apps I have on iphone that need ipad specific versions also.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't been down to Nawlins since before Katrina, although I have friends in Baton Rouge and Lafayette that I have visited, I just couldn't bear to visit until things got restored more.

Most reactions