What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Everyone

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I found this site via a google search while hunting for info on the different styli for the ipad and ipod touch. Both are new to me and were payment from a friend for some work I did. Otherwise I can't say I ever would have bought either myself. Boy did I not know what I was missing! I absolutely love my new iPad 2 and my ipod touch....so does my special needs niece as well. They are the only things that keep her attention for more than a few minutes! Her therapists even encourage her to use them, especially her speech therapist. I love the apps it has for speech therapy and would like to find out if there are any more that are note worthy.

Another thing I enjoy is drawing...hence my search for the best apps and accessories for drawing on the iPad 2. I am enjoying SketchBook Pro so far. Are there many other apps for drawing that anyone could recommend? A recommended stylus? I am using a AYL (A Young Life) Slim Capacitive iPad Stylus currently to draw and it seems to work well but I am wondering if there is anything better for drawing. Since I am new to the iPad realm I figured I could find out from my fellow iPad users. :)

Any app recommendations are welcome. Thank you everyone, now I am off to browse the forum some more. :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Welcome.

SketchBook Pro is one of the better drawing apps. ArtRage is also very good, and is easier to emulate traditional tools. For a specialized program that does an excellent job of emulating pencil sketches try Color Pencil.

Those are my three current favorites.

OP
D
Reaction score
Tim - Already read the manual a few times. :) I'm one of those people that always reads the manual first and consults back to it if questions arise. Read the rules too so I can hopefully avoid stepping on toes here. ;)

I'm not really new to the computer or programming scene. Just playing with this new lovely has my programming senses tingling and my creative mind drooling heh. And I've only had it for a week on Friday.

Also loving the search feature of the site. My apps list has grown in the past hour or so from reading threads on this forum. Very helpful and it saved me from buying some apps I was thinking of buying but wasn't too sure about.

Thanks for the reply.

twerppoet- Thanks for the input. I have Colored Pencil also and have played with it some, my sister like it better hah. Have not played with ArtRage yet. I'll have to look into that one next I think. Thanks a bunch. :)

Most reactions