What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, Everybody

dchristo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a new member, planning to purchase a 64G 4G iPad on or about June 1. I almost never purchase "Build One" of a new product, and I also want to see a good choice of cases and accessories before buying, even maybe have the first OTA in the rearview mirror. I didn't buy an iPad2 because the resolution was not a giant leap above my PC's, but I am very excited about the new retina display. A full-blown A6 chip would've been nice, but I think the new iPad is the one for me since it represents the final maturation of a proven product, and is the best iPad2 Apple's ever going to build. I anticipate that the iPad introduced in March 2013 will kick off a new technology/style cycle for the device.

My new iPad will be the basis of an upgrade for my entire home system, as outlined below.

64G 4G iPad
Extended AppleCare
AirPrint printer
Asus RT-N66U router
Slingbox Solo with SlingLink ethernet bridges
Case: Right now, I like the looks and utility of the SwitchEasy Canvas, STM Grip, and the to-be-released Hard Candy Chrome Bezel and Speck PixelSkin. If I go with a folio, I'll also spring for a Glas.T tempered-glass screen protector.

I'm a tablet man through-and-through. I actually owned an Epson HX-20 in 1984, and from 2005-2009 used the wonderful Motion Computing M1400 tablet. I am sure the iPad experience will raise the bar considerably. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this forum, and to "meeting" all of you.

Davec

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi davec! Wow-you have quite the plan for your new iPad when you get it! Well you have come to the right place to gain lots of information!

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad (original-New), Acessories, Apps, Help, and Apple News.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

OP
D

dchristo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, Ski. Glad to be here.

FYI, the list of apps I'll be grabbing on Day One continues to grow. So far ---
Google Earth
Real Racing 2 HD
Instapaper
MimdMeister
Star Walk
Instacast Podcasts
Magical Pad
OnLive Desktop
Flipboard
Oh, and I'm going to relive some fond memories with Classic DOOM!

Do you have faves that you'd recommend? I'm 62 and no longer an avid gamer, no Facebook or Twitter, but I like productivity tools and anything that stretches your mind. Suggestions welcome!

davec

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd add the Google app. It has some neat features, and is of course, free
VLC Streamer is worth having too, if you have movies on your PC that you want to stream to your iPad.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts