What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello all - new user

pastork

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, Like many others, I received my i-pad for Christmas and am sort of stumbling my way through the learning curve.

By way of introduction, I live in the middle of the U.S., am on the other side of middle age which makes me a tech geezer I suppose, as I do like these sorts of gadgets. My current vocation is as a pastor, thus the user name. I'm happily married to my wife of 37 years with two children, two grandchildren and a grouchy old dog. I am bi-locational and thus spend several days each week at my work location & away from home.

I'm finding the ipad to be quite useful, particularly for watching Netflix and such. I'm also a Kindle user and find the Kindle app for the ipad to be a good tool - I'm not crazy about the ibook reader, at least thus far.

I own a vintage ipod - the big, white, 64gb version and it performs flawlessly. I am not an iphone user as I've been on Verizon for a good long while and upgraded to a Android phone a while back. I do like that technology.

I think once I get to spend sufficient time getting up the learning curve and upgrade my work wireless to 802.11n, then life will be great. My ipad is only wireless as 3g is a bit useless in my neck of the woods.

I'm looking forward to hanging around this forum to learn a few things. And thanks in advance for the help.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum. If you ever have a question it's either here already or someone will have an answer. These iPads really do work well on the road, that's for sure.

Most reactions