What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hearthstone 'Curse of Naxxramus' Expansion Pack Due on iOS and Mac July 22nd

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
naxxramas.jpg

Back in March, Blizzard finally released the long-awaited 'Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft' for the Mac and PC. Then a month later, the company responsible for games like Diablo III, World or Warcraft and many others, launched Hearthstone on iPad as well, promising an iPhone version to be coming later.

Blizzard announce today, Hearthstone would be getting its first expansion 'Curse of Naxxramas' on July 22nd. Although there was no word on the iPhone version of the game, the expansion will work cross-platform on iPad as well as desktop.

Via Blizzard's Blog:

"Are you prepared to face the horrors lurking within the dread necropolis Naxxramas? Curse of Naxxramas: A Hearthstone Adventure is just about ready to open its gates to the world. There’s a whole host of undead monsters inhabiting the halls of Naxxramas, ready and waiting to defend their lair against Hearthstone’s heroes. If you . . . somehow . . . manage to defeat them, you’ll be rewarded with ghastly new cards for your Hearthstone collection!

Curse of Naxxramas goes live in the Americas region for Windows®, Mac®, and iPad® on Tuesday, July 22, starting with the Arachnid Quarter, the first of five creepy wings that will be released weekly after the gates are opened. The Arachnid Quarter will be free to play during the Curse of Naxxramas launch event, which will last roughly a month. Those brave enough to step foot into the Arachnid Quarter during the launch event will unlock it permanently for free."

Blizzard will allow folks playing the card battle game to play through the first wing, known as 'The Arachnid Quarter'. After that, players can choose to buy each of the other wings in the game for $6.99, or 700 in-game gold. As a player myself, I can tell you that gold take a pretty long time to get, and normally used for buying card packs.

Hearthstone: The Heroes of Warcraft is currently available to play on the iPad and iPad Mini. Due note, the game is very processor heavy and has some trouble running smoothly on my iPad Mini 1st gen. However, Hearthstone is free-to-play and players should have no problem battling their way up without spending any money on in-app purchases.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah.... How exactly does this expansion pack benefit a regular hearth stone player like me? Just another character to play?

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah.... How exactly does this expansion pack benefit a regular hearth stone player like me? Just another character to play?

I would love a necromancer class. I love raising the dead and being able to command the forces of the dead.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ohhhh..... That sounds cool! :)

But once you learn to be a necromancer it consumes you and you turn evil and do some bad things. I tried to learn necromancy in battleheart legacy and I killed the headmaster of the Mage tower and the character doesn't even remember he did it.

But whatever, it's awesome.

Most reactions

Latest posts