What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HDMI Adapter Output

AndyM23456

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've looked at many of the 104 pages of posts and must have missed what I need to understand about the iPad 2 and the latest AV adapter that's come available....so, here's my question.

Has anyone else connected the newly available HDMI digital audio video adapter to their iPad 2 and are NOT able to get any video or audio out through the HDMI connector to the TV?

It seems that my iPad 2 does not output anthing via the new HDMI digital AV adapter.

However, I can connect it to my Verizon iPhone 4 and it outputs any photos or videos immediately with a slight 5 second sync up.

Is there something other than connecting it that has to be done?

I had to do nothing when I plugged up the iPhone...it just blinked and the video and audio of the concert i had recorded popped on.

Thanks for any ideas!

Andy

Davidra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had intermittent issues with it. Getting it on screen, for instance, works much better with my Vizio large screen than my Phillips. Unfortunately, on both, it doesn't fill the screen and I've been unable to get it to; however, some videos streamed through websites do fill the screen. The biggest disappointment to me is that it won't stream Hulu + and HBO go.

And obviously, I don't want to suggest you would miss something this obvious, but make sure you've got the right HDMI input on your TV...mine has 4.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Guys - just wanted to join this thread - no advice yet, sorry - :(

BUT, I have the HDMI connector coming to me 'in the mail' at this moment - want to take it on the road w/ the iPad2 to bring along my own films.

Hope to get some good suggestions to make this work right - :)

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i use the HDMI adapter all the time with no problems with several TVs. We just used it today to stream a video. Works great.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use the HDMI adapter all the time with no problems with several TVs. We just used it today to stream a video. Works great.

Works fine for me too. I use it on two different TVs and to the video in for the video system in my truck.

boyzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have gone to settings,video, and adjusted the tv signal I spose?

tremblayd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just have an apple tv and i'm waiting fir ios 5 to video mirror !!!!!!

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check that your case is allowing the adapter to connect all the way. I've heard about the camera kit not working because of this.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts