What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HDCP restricting non HD, non copywrite videos

dwinblad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using and iPad 2 iOS 8.2 with a HDMI dongle. Trying to export my own work product, a 320 x 240 video, but the HDCP is interfering. Anyone have a work around to get this to a HDMI capture card?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm confused. Is there a reason why you can't export the video file directly, instead of trying to capture it off the HDMI out?

If you have a computer you have another option. An app on your computer, like Reflector, will let you AirPlay to your computer, and it has a record feature.

I can't advise on using the HDMI adaptor. I don't have experience with it.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have a Mac, you can use QuickTime to screen record your iPad to a movie file (whilst plugged in by the Lightning cable).
Great for gaming videos, etc.

OP
D

dwinblad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm confused. Is there a reason why you can't export the video file directly, instead of trying to capture it off the HDMI out?

If you have a computer you have another option. An app on your computer, like Reflector, will let you AirPlay to your computer, and it has a record feature.

I can't advise on using the HDMI adaptor. I don't have experience with it.

With the program I am using is for courtroom presentations. The only outputs I have is a VGA and HDMI dongle.
I have tried AirPlay and a screen capture but the results were very unsatisfactory, resolution too low, couldn't read the text portion of the video. I'll look at Reflector though.
Thanks for the input.

Most reactions

Latest posts