What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HBO GO and HDMI

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like the HBO Go app. Streams HBO content to your iPad. It works better than HBO since you can watch all of their content as you wish. HOWEVER..... When I hook my iPad 2 up via the HDMI connector and cable to my TV, all I get on the screen is HBO Go and I get sound thru my AV system. The video plays on the iPad, not the TV. Is this what happens with others?

Hadleymn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is Exactly what happens to me. Such a shame. The HBO ON app is freaking awesome though.

igicorp1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll need to have Apple TV and use AirPlay to send HBO GO to your TV. really a small price to pay for the coolness!

Sent from my iPad using iPF, iOS 4.3.3

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You'll need to have Apple TV and use AirPlay to send HBO GO to your TV. really a small price to pay for the coolness!

Sent from my iPad using iPF, iOS 4.3.3

Can you confirm that this works for you?

Carguy993

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HBO Go and Apple TV

I could not get it to work through apple tv. Well, like some other websites, the audio comes through, but not the video. Hopefully this will be addressed soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mutinyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the HBO Go app. Streams HBO content to your iPad. It works better than HBO since you can watch all of their content as you wish. HOWEVER..... When I hook my iPad 2 up via the HDMI connector and cable to my TV, all I get on the screen is HBO Go and I get sound thru my AV system. The video plays on the iPad, not the TV. Is this what happens with others?

I get the same results using the composite adapter :(

Jim

pdconner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.pdconner.com
HI,,,....

I watched something on (iPad Today) on the Twit Network and Leo said AirPlay works.. I wanted to reach through the screen and say No it Doesnt.. When I click on airplay from my iPad2 to my 55in HD TV I get audio and that is it.. Anyone with some answers let us know..
Patrick
www.pdconner.com

crmont

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep. It's likely a copywrite protection for the service. Hbo go doesn't work over hdmi for me ether

rgrov

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HBO Go Airplay

HBO Go will not play video through Airplay- only audio. I was able to push the video through the iPad VGA adapter while simultaneously playing the audio through my surround sound system using Airplay and Apple TV. I have a jailbroken iPad 4.3.3 using Cydia DisplayOut app.

The Kleaner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey just to let you all know, I downloaded display out on my wife's iPad 1 64GB through Cydia. Is had to reboot the iPad but was able to output HBO Go through the Apple AV (hdmi) adapter in 720p through my 52" Sony XBR...audio and video. I did have to zoom in on the tv to fill the screen but my wife was so happy to get to watch true blood episode 2 on tv instead of in her lap.

Davidra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both HBO Go and Hulu Plus are not supported by the iPad 2 video out via HDMI. That is stated in the FAQ's on HBO Go's website, and I got a message on the iPad saying that when I tried to run Hulu Plus to my TV. Don't know anything about jailbreaking, but natively neither will work.

Most reactions

Latest posts