What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

has anyone actually tried 2 transferring movies from pc 2 ipad with success?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiethebhoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
whether you need the camera connection kit or if it needs to be done through itunes with a sd card in a certan kind of format , it's just that there has been pots about how to do it and what may work but I just want to find out has anyone actually done it and been successful with the transferring movie from PC 2 IPAD if so would you be so kind in telling me how you done it and what i need to use and how to do it in laymens terms. I would so deeply appreciate your feedback on this if you have actually been able to get movies from pc to ipad , and was it regular films you managed to get onto your ipad. As its regular films i would like to suss out to get onto the ipad so i can watch them on the plane and whilst travelling. Some people have spoke about how to do it and what to do , but it would be great to find out from somone who has actually done it with success and already has movies that they transferred from pc to their ipad just now. Also is there any certan player i would need to purchase as I notice that ipad no longer have vlc player available and i bot 2 players that say they can play any video format. But that still remains to be seen lol , anyways if you could help it would be so much appreciated , Thankyou.:thumbs:

WindOS VII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What type of movies, blu-ray or standard .vob? As Doris pointed out you may need an external program, and when you are ready, always place your movies in your "video" folder in Windows. When syncing with iTunes, go to the " Movie" tab and manually let it know where the films are kept. When it finds it it will give you a box to check, check it , appy, sync.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Alternatively, if you already have a 3rd party video player app like OplayerHD, then you can use current common formats of video like Divx, Xvid and Mkv without having to re-encode to iPad specs. Transfer to these apps via iTunes app tab (after plugging in your ipad), scroll down to the player in question and add the files, then sync.

Remember, video takes up a lot of space, so hopefully you have a 64gb for your travels!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a duplicate thread to one you started in General Discussions. That is a better place for this, so I am closing this thread. Please read the forum rules. Posting duplicate threads is against the forum rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts