What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard Riding High

ExPatty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my keyboard … it's not sitting at the base of my screen (in both landscape and portrait orientation), but rather is riding at about an inch and a half from the bottom. I can't seem to find any solution in the settings menu … this started when I added the Chinese handwriting keyboard and has persisted even after deleting that keyboard from my keyboards. This is a real bother, since the keyboard now particially obscures the page I'm writing on!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
ExPatty said:
I'm having a problem with my keyboard … it's not sitting at the base of my screen (in both landscape and portrait orientation), but rather is riding at about an inch and a half from the bottom. I can't seem to find any solution in the settings menu … this started when I added the Chinese handwriting keyboard and has persisted even after deleting that keyboard from my keyboards. This is a real bother, since the keyboard now particially obscures the page I'm writing on!

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Just press the keyboard key and hold it - 2 options will pop up, use the upper one to re-dock it!

image-1280878855.jpg

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Sichan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wow, been using ipad for about a year, but never knew you can do that :p
maybe because I don't do any tweaks on it.
thanks for the tips

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sichan said:
wow, been using ipad for about a year, but never knew you can do that :p
maybe because I don't do any tweaks on it.
thanks for the tips

This feature was introduced with iOS 5. It is easy to miss.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can also use the same key to drag it to the bottom of the screen. It will dock. Dragging it up will do the opposite, undock and split the keyboard. You can also use the pinch gesture to split/un-split the keyboard.

Tap the keyboard key hide the keyboard. Tap in a text box to get it back.

Most reactions

Latest posts