What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hack iPad unlock password from backup

ryeakk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to apologize if this is already in a thread somewhere- I could not find it.
My wife is traveling and cannot remember her iPad password.
Before she left the iPad was backed up and the backup is not encrypted.
Running version 6.1.3; is there any way of my being able to view the backup files and figure out her unlock screen password (it's a pin)?

Thank you

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, the PIN cannot be extracted from an iTunes backup. That would be a huge security hole!

It is only possible to recover a forgotten PIN from an iPad1, and then, only if you have the device in hand. No other iPad model can have the PIN hacked to the best of my knowledge.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your duplicate post in the iPad Help Forum has been deleted. Besides fragmenting the conversation, making it hard to follow, duplicate posting is against Forum rules.

4. Create threads in the proper forum. Threads created and posted in the wrong forum are subject to deletion. One thread on the same topic or question, posted in multiple forums, is also subject to deletion.

Most reactions

Latest posts