What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graphics quality dropped

RossJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The display quality on my iPad Air 2 changed suddenly yesterday and all photos now appear grainy or overexposed and blurry. Even pics viewed on web browser, so it is all display not just my photos. Photo optimization is NOT enabled so it’s not that. I have rebooted. I updated to iOS 12 and problem is still there. It’s like a filter has been applied to my screen. I have cleared memory space and only 10gb of 16gb in use. HELP? I want my sharp images back please!

OP
R

RossJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the problem just with photos or does it extend to text on a web page and videos?
It’s on everything. Wallpaper, webpages, videos, even the app icons look like the colour has been dialled up to 12. There’s no sharpness to anything. It’s all too dark and looks low res.

OP
R

RossJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you live close enough to an Apple Store to take it in for a Genius Bar appointment?
Not really. I might have to make the trip though by the looks of it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Before going try backing up your iPad, then erase it and set it up as a new iPad. If this fixes the problem it is likely software related; if not, a hardware fault is likely.

OP
R

RossJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before going try backing up your iPad, then erase it and set it up as a new iPad. If this fixes the problem it is likely software related; if not, a hardware fault is likely.
Good idea. But bizarrely now it appears to have righted itself. Just as mysteriously as the problem appeared, it has disappeared! Hopefully it stays away. Thanks very much for your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts