What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GPlayer is free, today only (5 December)

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just noticed that my favorite video player is free today, normally $2.99. Good time to see how it compares to your own favorite player.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nice one, cheers for the info :)

Sent from my iPad 3 64gb using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is a rather odd statement from the app page:

- Why HD MKV movies don’t play smoothly?
Currently, only iPad 2 supports 720p MKV file, that’s to be expected. The other iDevices have limited computing power, and cannot handle the complex task of decoding HD movies in real time.

OP
LannyC

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I guess it's outdated and refers to the original iPad, old iPhones, etc. MKV (in fact any format I throw at GPlayer) works beautifully on my iPad 3. I like using swipes to advance/rewind a video, configurable to 5, 10, or 30 seconds per swipe. Or swipe up or down to vary the playback speed in 20% increments.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just noticed that my favorite video player is free today, normally $2.99. Good time to see how it compares to your own favorite player.

Thanks for the heads up, installed and will test tomorrow :)

Most reactions

Latest posts