What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Plus Gets iPad and iPod touch Support via Update

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8gvHaX1cwY&feature=player_profilepage]‪The Google+ project: Explore Mobile‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]​

9to5 Mac reports today that Google has updated its Google+ iOS app with support for iPad and iPod touch, which was of course missing when the app was first launched. However, 9to5 Mac says that this is still not full iPad support, as it’s basically just an iPad-friendly version of the iPhone app, rather than a specific iPad app. Better than nothing though, of course! Presumably Google also has plans for a fully fledged iPad Google+ app sometime in the future. Also included in the newly released Google+ iOS app update are aggregated notifications for Circles, and new Huddle group chat settings. The app is still not compatible with the beta version of iOS 5, but the update also brings with it a new pop-up notification that will alert anyone running the beta to this fact should they try and install Google+.

The invite-only Google+ social networking service has proved to be incredibly successful since its launch at the end of June, having already racked up more than 25 million members, and the iOS app has been a big part of that.

Click here to download the free app: Google+ for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: Google Plus updated with iPad and iPod touch support, (not yet universal) | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence,
Google+ iOS app adds (basic) iPad, iPod Touch support | VentureBeat, Google+ arrives on the iPad, iPod Touch | Apple Talk - CNET News

Last edited:

danielgfreeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like google plus, but the app is not that grest for ipad as it is built for iphone. A social networking app should be able to be used in landscape mode on a tablet, so for now i'll continue to use the web shortcut app i created by logging ito my google+ andthen selected "add to home screen" from the menu in safari. Works like a champ!

verwon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, it's awful on the iPad.

---
- Mistress of Mischief

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
danielgfreeman said:
I like google plus, but the app is not that grest for ipad as it is built for iphone. A social networking app should be able to be used in landscape mode on a tablet, so for now i'll continue to use the web shortcut app i created by logging ito my google+ andthen selected "add to home screen" from the menu in safari. Works like a champ!

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to try this now as I have downloaded the app through the App store and it still looks like crap unless they rolled it on later in the day?????

Sent from my iPad 2 White 32GB WiFi using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts