What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google maps

iZwipeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How often does Google update their maps for the iPad?
When was last update for Sweden?
Where can i check this out or ask them?

Plsss answer

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Google Maps on iOS has no data built in. It is downloaded from the Google servers directly. On average, Google does a full map update once a year. And for the US, I have seen them update areas as often as every month. But I have no clue about Sweden.

OP
iZwipeer

iZwipeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And the root guide?
When do they update that?
And satellite?

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The route guidance is a math based search formula. They are constantly adjusting that.

Satellite data is updated, I believe, every 3 years.

OP
iZwipeer

iZwipeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skull One said:
The route guidance is a math based search formula. They are constantly adjusting that.

Satellite data is updated, I believe, every 3 years.

Route i meant.
But i mean for example if they build a new way, when will Google update it?

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Route i meant.
But i mean for example if they build a new way, when will Google update it?

The moment they update the map with the street, it will all be automatic for the rest of their system to use.

And I know they try to update street level details no matter what once a year. But sometimes they do it sooner if they can.

OP
iZwipeer

iZwipeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skull One said:
The moment they update the map with the street, it will all be automatic for the rest of their system to use.

And I know they try to update street level details no matter what once a year. But sometimes they do it sooner if they can.

Ok!
Thanks for info!

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Google Maps on Android has more features than on iOS. Two that come to mind are downloadable maps and bicycle routes. I wonder why Google develops a less featured version for Apple?

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's easy. Apple didn't pay them to make a better app. And once Android took off, Apple can no longer afford to pay what Google would want.

maleaco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im sure you can download an application that has as many features as the androis gps app!

Most reactions

Latest posts