What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Maps

Tweak2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a big user of Google Maps. Like the app and all the search capability that comes with it. I've been following the updates over the past many months with anticipation of answering my issues. My biggest issue is this and surely cannot be unique.

When I search or push a point to the map, I get half the screen covered with the info. If I want to see the map on the whole screen I tap on the map but the map pointer goes away. Am I missing something?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I dont' use Google Maps much myself, so all I can say is what I saw when I quickly duplicated your issue.

In landscape view it acts as you say, and I didn't find a quick way around it.

If you use portrait view instead the info comes up as a small bar at the bottom of the screen, leaving you most of the screen for map. You can pull the bar up for more complete information, the slide it back down out of the way; all without affecting the pin on the map.

I may play around more later. If I find out anything that I think will help you I'll let you know.

OP
T

Tweak2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! What maps app are you using?

Most reactions

Latest posts