What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Maps Voice Continues after Shut Down

Morris1939

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to using the Ipad 3 for navigation so I have a question. Software: 9.3.2. Carrier T-Mobile.

When I used Google Maps with voice, the information was great. But, when I wanted to stop the app, I discovered that the voice continued. Here is what I did: I closed the app, I turned off the Celluar Data and Bluetooth, I shut down the iPad. But, the voice continued with the directions. I tried this several times, but the directions were still given. Finally, the voice stopped.

What should I do to stop the app and no longer have the voice?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am new to using the Ipad 3 for navigation so I have a question. Software: 9.3.2. Carrier T-Mobile.

When I used Google Maps with voice, the information was great. But, when I wanted to stop the app, I discovered that the voice continued. Here is what I did: I closed the app, I turned off the Celluar Data and Bluetooth, I shut down the iPad. But, the voice continued with the directions. I tried this several times, but the directions were still given. Finally, the voice stopped.

What should I do to stop the app and no longer have the voice?
You can force-close the app by double clicking the home button and swiping up on the thumbnail of the app. This should stop any features of the app from continuing after you close the app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is how maps apps are suposed to work. By continuing in the background they allow you to do other things on your phone while continuing to navigate.

While scifan57's method will work all the time, the easier thing to do is open the map app and stop navigation. In Google Maps you do this by tapping the the X in the lower left corner of the iPhone.

image.jpeg

Note: When a navigation apps is active in the backbround, your status bar (top of the phone) will be blue. You can tap on this to quickly return to the navigation app.

Most reactions