What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Earth App

Reaction score
OneMarcil said:
Which application do I need to view the actual street like I am driving down the street? I thought s is Google Maps but that is not it.

Sent from my iPad 32gb WIFI 3G 1st generation.

The built in Maps app can only do this on iPad use satellite view, just touch the orange person on the spot u want to view,google earth on iPad DOES NOT do this.

Thank you. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. I knew I'd done street view on my iPad before and thought it was in Google Earth.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
Thank you. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. I knew I'd done street view on my iPad before and thought it was in Google Earth.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

What is street view?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Type in a address....if you see a thumbnail within the popup balloon, tap that...you will then be transported down to street view where you can scroll the image in a 360degrees and see all directions.

Last edited:

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Type in a address....if you see a thumbnail within the popup balloon, tap that...you will then be transported down to street view where you can scroll the image in a 360degrees and see all directions.

OK I posted this before. I have no idea how I did this before but, I was able to use some ap
Libation and there was a feature where I was able to view a city like I was driving down the street. This was neat. But, I have any idea how to access this anymore.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OneMarcil said:
OK I posted this before. I have no idea how I did this before but, I was able to use some ap
Libation and there was a feature where I was able to view a city like I was driving down the street. This was neat. But, I have any idea how to access this anymore.

Street view is available in the Maps app that is shipped with iPad and iPod. I thinks this is what you are after

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone found strange satellite pictures in Google Maps?

I just found a "sunken" ferry complete with cars neatly parked on it at Sandbanks, Poole, England. 

Last edited:

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
Street view is available in the Maps app that is shipped with iPad and iPod. I thinks this is what you are after

So how does one get street view to work?

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 32 GB

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OneMarcil said:
So how does one get street view to work?

You need to open maps, not Google Earth. View the hybrid version of maps. You access settings by clicking on the curled bottom right corner of the page.
In maps search for the place you are after by name or grid ref. Maps takes you there, and drops a pin with a label. Click onto the info icon on the right for address and links. Click on the red icon with a small person inside and you go into street view. If there isn't a street view available, the red icon will be greyed out.

In street view you can spin around vertically and horizontally. You move along the streets by clicking on the arrow heads superimposed on the picture.

To go backinto map view, tap the centre of the topped map at bottom right of the screen.

That's it. My Wording isn't too elegant (bordering on the vernacular :) ) but the essence is there to get things working.

Enjoy

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
You need to open maps, not Google Earth. View the hybrid version of maps. You access settings by clicking on the curled bottom right corner of the page.
In maps search for the place you are after by name or grid ref. Maps takes you there, and drops a pin with a label. Click onto the info icon on the right for address and links. Click on the red icon with a small person inside and you go into street view. If there isn't a street view available, the red icon will be greyed out.

In street view you can spin around vertically and horizontally. You move along the streets by clicking on the arrow heads superimposed on the picture.

To go backinto map view, tap the centre of the topped map at bottom right of the screen.

That's it. My Wording isn't too elegant (bordering on the vernacular :) ) but the essence is there to get things working.

Enjoy

I knew about that view. What I an interested in is the map where one can scroll on a map and there is a view like one is driving down the actual road.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can check in on our house while traveling.it's great if you are feeling a tad homesick.
Soon brings you back to reality.
It's still there and will be when I get home.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OneMarcil said:
I knew about that view. What I an interested in is the map where one can scroll on a map and there is a view like one is driving down the actual road.

Sorry Marcil I cannot help there. It may be a flash programme which isn't supported bu an iPad?

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
55julie55 said:
I can check in on our house while traveling.it's great if you are feeling a tad homesick.
Soon brings you back to reality.
It's still there and will be when I get home.

Marcel, I've posted a question on the Drop Pins thread. I too would love to learn about this feature.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Richard,

I saw your other post in the Drop Pins thread. Do you guys mean just to travel along the road in Street View? I mean simply to be able to move from your present position along the road - either forwards or backwards? I don't think you do mean this because, of course, that's very simple to do. So I'm trying to understand what it is that you want to do....:(

Tim

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Dear Richard,

I saw your other post in the Drop Pins thread. Do you guys mean just to travel along the road in Street View? I mean simply to be able to move from your present position along the road - either forwards or backwards? I don't think you do mean this because, of course, that's very simple to do. So I'm trying to understand what it is that you want to do....:(

Tim

Hi Tim

I was picking up on the following query which arose from a fairly long explanation which I posted about how Street view works.

OneMarcil said:

I wasn't aware of the feature to which Marcel refers. I suspect it is available on Windows machines which can use the Flash player.

Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts