What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Calendar Sync

NSSGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad for 3 months. I have four Google calendars I would like to sync with my iPad. (They were all synced at one time, see below.) On the m.google.com web page, with my iPad I have checked all four calendars and saved changes. When I view my calendar on my PC all four calendars display. (I know that is not connect to my issue, but it confirms the calendars are there and have events.). When I check m.google.com using my PC, the four calendars are also checked.

In my iPad settings, I have turned on Mail and Calendar. When I go into my calendar, only the default 'account' calendar is available and displayed. When I click on calendars, there are no other gmail calendar options to check on or off.

I have deleted and reconnected my calendar to the iPad, with the same results.

The really irritating thing is that for over a month, I had all four calendars displaying. Then the extras disappeared and I troubleshot my way back to having them. Then they disappeared again and I can't get them back this time. No, I have no idea what, if anything, I did to make them go away.

I'd appreciate the hero who can lead me to the Promised Calendar Land...

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Have you been to m.google.com/sync on the ipad using safari? You can't just do it on the PC.

Knolly42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine too. I had an iOS 5 iPad 2 that held multiple calendars from gmail for a year when I sold it. My iPad 3 suddenly stopped showing
other google calendars yesterday.

My Samsung gs3 android cellphone continues to update from google and the mobile sYnc page on google continues to show the available calendars published for obi,e sync.

Any ideas anyone?

Knolly42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparantly this is a recent known issue google are working on:https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/calendar/m8zzIAYN9rI

If you are NOT using google exchange sync on the iPad, just the straight gmail with email, calendar, notes, then you can get the calendars back with this:
https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect

You'll find your calendars are deselected. After re selecting them, head back to the ipad and try disabling calendars in the gmail account settings, doing an email sync then turning gmail calendars back on again in the gmail account settings.

What is weird is the traditional place to do this is in 'settings' in the mobile gmail app. But it shows the other calendars that are not showing as active and makes no difference if you change them to inactive:

http://www.google.com/calendar/gp?source=mobileproducts#~calendar:view=s

Most reactions

Latest posts