What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Calendar Sync on iPad2

Harmonious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently replaced my iPad with an iPad 2. My main regret is that I can't get Google Calendar to work properly. When I go through the process to set it up as a Microsoft Exchange account, everything goes smoothly but it only let's me see one calendar. I have already gone online to tell it to sync all of my calendars. I did the same things I did on my original iPad, and it worked just fine there.

When I tried it as a CalDAV account, it only reads; anything I enter on the iPad does not get synced to my Google Calendar in the cloud.

I even bought the $6 app and it doesn't work right either!

I called Apple but they say this is a Google problem. Well, contacting Google is a waste of time, as you know, so this is frustrating. The main reason I got the iPad in the first place was for calendar and to do lists. Upgrading to the iPad 2 has undone this. It makes no sense to me, since the O/S is the same!

Anyone encounter a similar problem?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you go to m.google.com/sync make sure you pick the right device. Your old iPad is probably still listed. I did that a few times before I figured out my mistake.

It's easy to do. They are both called iPad. Only the last sync dates are different, so the first few times I thought it was some kind of sync history.

I haven't figured out how to delete the old device yet, but I haven't been looking either. If you do figure that part out, please let me know. I'd be grateful.

Edit: A brief search shows a few google forum posts where people complain about not being able to remove old devices. It does not seem to be possible at this time.

Last edited:
OP
H

Harmonious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
When you go to m.google.com/sync make sure you pick the right device. Your old iPad is probably still listed. I did that a few times before I figured out my mistake.

It's easy to do. They are both called iPad. Only the last sync dates are different, so the first few times I thought it was some kind of sync history.

I haven't figured out how to delete the old device yet, but I haven't been looking either. If you do figure that part out, please let me know. I'd be grateful.

Edit: A brief search shows a few google forum posts where people complain about not being able to remove old devices. It does not seem to be possible at this time.

I'm aware of that. Just for fun, I tried it again, but I can only see one calendar. Weird!

ladyk28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay I figured it out finally, first you have to sign up for gmail through the "microsoft exchange server" then turn on mail and calendar. Then from safari go to google sync. You will see iPad and the date. Click on the arrow and then check all boxes for the calendars you want to sync. Last...(you are almost there) from click calendar click on the calendars tab at the top left corner. Select all calendars you want to sync. (This should include what you selected on google sync). Now give it time to update and you are all set!

Wow that took me forever!!!

Most reactions