What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good video converter for iPad 2?

lspencer1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was looking for something to convert videos from my computer to high quality iPad 2 format (not sure if it's mp4 or not). Thank you!

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the popular free ones is handbrake. It actually does a good job; I am sure there are other good free ones out there as well. If you don't want to have to deal with converting the file to a different format then you can purchase an app like AVPlayerHD (or one of the other video players available) which can play pretty much any file type.

maplemeadows

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Vuze. It's my torrent downloader and you can also convert videos through it. It also has resolution converters cause some of my videos I plan to AirPlay it to my apple tv. It's a sweet FREE app for the computer.

sputnik00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Videora. It has a preset for iPad which is great for simple users like me and a more snazzy advanced D.I.Y. Mode which I avoid. :p

OP
L

lspencer1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I first took a look at the AV Player HD and instantly found what I wanted. No converting is necessary, just drag and drop the file into the app tab for the player when your iPad is connected. Very fast upload as well and the control features are superb. Plus the quality is retained. Well worth the $2.99 I payed! Thank you everyone for your responses!

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use AVPlayerHD as well, great app and well worth the $3... plus now I don't have to spend time converting :)

Most reactions