What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GoFlex Satellite problems

Amrmseif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you sure that goodplayer can see the goflex satellite without any hacking required?

dougef

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I copy the same movie (which I encoded with handbrake) to the Satellite and to my iPad. They both play fine on the iPad itself. I connect the iPad to a TV with the Apple HDMI connector. If I play the movie from the iPad itself, it plays just fine on the TV. If I play it from the satallite, it does not play full screen - it leaves large black bars on the left and right. Any help would be appreciated. I have tried using the native video player and using 8Player Lite.

Hbooooob_2004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i connect goflex satellite to ipad without opening go flex media a browser open spontaneously . and it do not work promptly wz goflex satellite so i close it and open goflex media.i do not want that browser to open any help plz?
Every time i connect to go flex satellite a message said in response to ios 6 plz update ur firmware but i updated and follow the instruction but the same message reappear thx

<

Last edited by a moderator:

dellhell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i connect goflex satellite to ipad without opening go flex media a browser open spontaneously . and it do not work promptly wz goflex satellite so i close it and open goflex media.i do not want that browser to open any help plz?
Every time i connect to go flex satellite a message said in response to ios 6 plz update ur firmware but i updated and follow the instruction but the same message reappear thx

<

You may be aware of all of this already but just in case you are not it is all I can suggest:

For IOS 6, you need firmware Version 1.3.6.001 installed on the Goflex drive.

How to check your firmware version and how to get the latest firmware update?

From either the GoFlex Media app or the browser interface of the GoFlex Satellite, select Settings and look at top area where the firmware version number is displayed. Newer firmware will be posted on Document ID: 220011

To determine what firmware version is running on a GoFlex Satellite follow these steps:
  1. Power on the GoFlex Satellite.
  2. Connect to the GoFlex Satellite's Wi-Fi network.
    For instructions in Windows, see Document ID: 219407.
    For instructions in MacOS, see Document ID:219403.
  3. Open an Internet browser (ie, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari).
  4. Go to goflexsatellite dot com.
  5. Click Settings on the right of the screen.
  6. Read the Satellite software version (at the top of the screen on early versions, at the bottom of the screen on 1.1.0.005a and above).

To install the new firmware on the Goflex drive:
Step 1
Fully charge the GoFlex Satellite drive.

Step 2
Exit the GoFlex Media App on your mobile or tablet device.

Step 3
Connect your GoFlex Satellite to your computer using the USB Adapter.

Step 4
DOWNLOAD the Satellite Firmware to your computer and copy the downloaded file to your GoFlex Satellite. (Do not put it in a folder)
Note: Filename is satellite_firmware_xf_DVT_1.3.6.001.bin (do not rename this file)

Step 5
Safely remove the GoFlex Satellite drive.
a. For Windows – use the safe remove hardware icon by the clock
b. For Mac OS – click the eject icon in the finder in Mac OS.

Step 6
Disconnect the USB cable from the computer.

Step 7
Power on the GoFlex Satellite and let it update. (2-3 Minutes) DO NOT ATTEMPT to connect to the Satellite until the Wi-Fi light on the drive stops blinking. Once the Wi-Fi light stops blinking the GoFlex Satellite is ready to use.

Some people claim that the Goflex will not update on an Apple Mac if that is the type of computer you have and that it must be done on a Windows PC. The stupid forum rules will not allow me post web page links to this or anything else.

Hbooooob_2004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dellhell said:
You may be aware of all of this already but just in case you are not it is all I can suggest:

For IOS 6, you need firmware Version 1.3.6.001 installed on the Goflex drive.

How to check your firmware version and how to get the latest firmware update?

From either the GoFlex Media app or the browser interface of the GoFlex Satellite, select Settings and look at top area where the firmware version number is displayed. Newer firmware will be posted on Document ID: 220011

To determine what firmware version is running on a GoFlex Satellite follow these steps:

[*]Power on the GoFlex Satellite.
[*]Connect to the GoFlex Satellite's Wi-Fi network.
For instructions in Windows, see Document ID: 219407.
For instructions in MacOS, see Document ID:219403.
[*]Open an Internet browser (ie, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari).
[*]Go to goflexsatellite dot com.
[*]Click Settings on the right of the screen.
[*]Read the Satellite software version (at the top of the screen on early versions, at the bottom of the screen on 1.1.0.005a and above).

To install the new firmware on the Goflex drive:
Step 1
Fully charge the GoFlex Satellite drive.
Step 2
Exit the GoFlex Media App on your mobile or tablet device.
Step 3
Connect your GoFlex Satellite to your computer using the USB Adapter.
Step 4
DOWNLOAD the Satellite Firmware to your computer and copy the downloaded file to your GoFlex Satellite. (Do not put it in a folder)
Note: Filename is satellite_firmware_xf_DVT_1.3.6.001.bin (do not rename this file)
Step 5
Safely remove the GoFlex Satellite drive.
a. For Windows – use the safe remove hardware icon by the clock
b. For Mac OS – click the eject icon in the finder in Mac OS.
Step 6
Disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
Step 7
Power on the GoFlex Satellite and let it update. (2-3 Minutes) DO NOT ATTEMPT to connect to the Satellite until the Wi-Fi light on the drive stops blinking. Once the Wi-Fi light stops blinking the GoFlex Satellite is ready to use.

Some people claim that the Goflex will not update on an Apple Mac if that is the type of computer you have and that it must be done on a Windows PC. The stupid forum rules will not allow me post web page links to this or anything else.

I can not tell u how thankfully I am thx again

rocketrob01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I purchased this for my girlfriend who is a photographer/ cartoonist for xmas so she can carry her work around easily and show her potential clients her work on her IPad.
Unfortunately we camm ot get this to work properly at all.
We have updated the firmware and tried all other advice but a lot of the Jpeg images she loads onto the hard drive do not show up when connected either to her IPad or her desktop via wifi.
They all show up correctly when connected via USB.
I have been in contact with Seagate and their support team will not help at all.
The most expensive door stop I have ever purchased.
Will never go near Seagate again !!!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I purchased this for my girlfriend who is a photographer/ cartoonist for xmas so she can carry her work around easily and show her potential clients her work on her IPad.
We have updated the firmware and tried all other advice but a lot of the Jpeg images she loads onto the hard drive do not show up when connected either to her IPad or her desktop via wifi.
I have been in contact with Seagate and their support team will not help at all.

That is a sad report. I thought they had gotten all the bugs out since I tried one of these in 2011. It was new then, but I sent mine back because it didn't work well at that time.

jeffreytan4896

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rocketrob01,

Have you looked at the alternative firmware for the GoFlex Satellite ? I have been using it almost 20 months and it is working great for me. I am a photographer as well and they even have the EyeFi Server built in so that my photos gets uploaded automatically into the GoFlex Satellite.

DarenG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is an older thread but hopefully some eperienced users can help me. I have a GoFlex and love using it. However, when I access the "Videos" from the medai app I don't get a "clean" view of my movies for example. I see all kinds of files that I know are related to my movies but is there anyway to get a clean view without all the extra file junk? It would be nice to just see the movie files with the thumbnail.

Any ideas?

Most reactions

Latest posts