What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GoFlex/airstash info

skipsey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

ive been looking for something that will aid me while traveling so i can carry a much larger movie collection with me.

i found the GoFlex and Airstash.

from what i can see the airstash uses SD cards which obv has its own pro's and con's. but what looks slightly better to me is the GoFlex, now there have been mixed reviews on this.
but basically what i want to know is...is the GoFlex any good? once you are streaming can you then watch the movie on a tv with the hdmi cable or w.e

cheers for any help.

Karl.

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the goflex. It works fine streaming my movies and yes, you can watch on the tv. I use the ipad AV Adapter and hdmi cable connected to the tv.
You might also want to look at a gadget called CloudFTP. It is said that the CloudFTP can connect any usb device to the ipad via wifi. I believe you can also write to the usb device with the ipad. I don't own the CloudFTP but it looks interesting.
The goflex only allows you to read files. You need to connect to a computer (wired or wireless connection) to write to the goflex. There is a hack of the goflex that allows you to write to the goflex with the ipad but there's a cost for the hack. I haven't had a need to write to the goflex, so I don't own the hack and cannot say how well it works.

romeosc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

ive been looking for something that will aid me while traveling so i can carry a much larger movie collection with me.

Hi all

I have an AirsStash+ and love it.

I use it for 2 way transfer of movies, pictures, PDFs, word docs etc!

I use it while on Safari in wilds of Tanzania to backup my SDcards from my cameras to iPad 3 and also to make a backup SDcard of pictures and videos..

Didn't want to take a chance in loosing them!

Most reactions

Latest posts