What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting online in Italy with wifi only Ipad

kazieme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I've searched for an answer to my issue, which is the best way to connect a wifi only iPad in italy, and found lots of tantalisingly
close answers to my questions, but not quite exact!
I have regularly used wifi hotspots in Italy to connect with no problems - but I now want to be able to set up a connection from my
accommodation in Lake Como, which does not have wifi - and am trying to find out the best way to do this.
Does anyone know if I can use a mobile hotspot bought in UK together with a locally bought pay go phone? Is there a better way.

Thanks for any help.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I've searched for an answer to my issue, which is the best way to connect a wifi only iPad in italy, and found lots of tantalisingly close answers to my questions, but not quite exact! I have regularly used wifi hotspots in Italy to connect with no problems - but I now want to be able to set up a connection from my accommodation in Lake Como, which does not have wifi - and am trying to find out the best way to do this. Does anyone know if I can use a mobile hotspot bought in UK together with a locally bought pay go phone? Is there a better way. Thanks for any help.
Have you thought of buying an inexpensive WiFi router and hooking it up to the Internet connection in your accommodation? That's if you have a wired Internet connection, that is.

OP
K

kazieme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Have you thought of buying an inexpensive WiFi router and hooking it up to the Internet connection in your accommodation? That's if you have a wired Internet connection, that is.

That's the thing, there is no Internet in the house, so am looking for the easiest, cheapest way to set it up for occasional use.

Most reactions