What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gardens of time neighbors (game center)

Sheralyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have only been playing a couple of weeks and totally addicted but as other people have said its frustrating not receiving materials when requested and I only get one material request from neighbours once a day when surely I should be getting more than that. Also getting notifications of gifts but not finding them. I got a notification of energy points from every one of neighbours a couple of days ago lol!

stitcherIam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's funny. I have now invited you on GOT 3 times the last time being just now. I know you are not declining, so the invites are going to the same place as the material requests I guess! It is almost getting to where I am going to quit, and I really enjoy this game a lot.
I've invited you too from within GOT gamecenter invite center panel.

I keep getting iPad notifications about the gardens of time that 'someone wants to join my time society', but when I go into the game no-one is there... Playdom support is just horrendous - maybe after a week you'll get a reply, and if you do it WILL NOT address the issue you described!

What is your GOT player ID? Cosmo113? I have more GOT player invites in 30 min, so I'll try you that way.

I'm pretty close to just minimal/maintenance play - finished the 9th chapter, have its wonder upgraded to level 5, as well as having its new building offering upgraded to level 5 too. I'm just trying to get the last few buildings in my garden upgraded - have all the wonders done... I wanted to get 50 tuelleries bldgs upgraded to level 5, and put into my inventory, but unless they fix the gifting, I don't know that I'll continue to try for that (I have 5 or 6 so far)

I'm pretty proud of how pretty I have my garden, so I hope we can connect so you can tell me how you like it!

stitcherIam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's funny. I have now invited you on GOT 3 times the last time being just now. I know you are not declining, so the invites are going to the same place as the material requests I guess! It is almost getting to where I am going to quit, and I really enjoy this game a lot.

Ok cosmo113, I just invited you via the GOT player invite (right-hand panel).
Please let me know whether or not you receive this invite!
It told me it sent it sucessfully...

Cosmo113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stitcherIam said:
Ok cosmo113, I just invited you via the GOT player invite (right-hand panel).
Please let me know whether or not you receive this invite!
It told me it sent it sucessfully...

I got it and I accepted, and now I have yet another person ahead of me in votes!!! Hahaha
Funny how it only worked that way. What is the deal with upgrading buildings, do you know? Like if I seem to have enough materials to upgrade a couple of them it only allows me one at a time. ( still not getting near what I request but I am at least seeing some progress ).

stitcherIam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it and I accepted, and now I have yet another person ahead of me in votes!!! Hahaha
Funny how it only worked that way. What is the deal with upgrading buildings, do you know? Like if I seem to have enough materials to upgrade a couple of them it only allows me one at a time. ( still not getting near what I request but I am at least seeing some progress ).
Hi,
I think you're making the same misunderstanding as I had done before about the availability of materials, as seen in the various building upgrade windows...
There's REALLY only ONE set of behind-scenes buckets, ONE for each item, sandstone, nails, wood, etc etc. So if you go into the upgrade window for a building and see that you have 4/3 iron for example - you have 4 iron, and 3 are needed... If you don't upgrade that building and go into another building that needs 4 iron, it would show 4/4 iron. It doesn't mean that you have 8 iron! You really only have the one iron bucket that has 4 in it. If you upgrade the building that needs 3, then go into the other building that needs 4 iron it would then show that you now have 1/4 iron...

In order to have enough iron for both you'd have to have 7 iron...

This holds true for the money too, except that there is one bucket for blueprints and one for whiteprints.

Is this what you meant about thinking that you had enough for the 2 buildings?

Oh, and one more thing - each material bucket maxes out at 10. So once you get 10 iron, that's only enough to take ONE building from level 1 to level 5, if all levels require iron.... Or you could upgrade two level 3s ( each taking 3 iron) to level 4 and one level 4 to level 5. You won't accrue any more than 10 in the item buckets. You can however put as much money in the blueprints/whiteprints, as is needed for that building...

Last edited:

Cosmo113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stitcherIam said:
Hi,
I think you're making the same misunderstanding as I had done before about the availability of materials, as seen in the various building upgrade windows...
There's REALLY only ONE set of behind-scenes buckets, ONE for each item, sandstone, nails, wood, etc etc. So if you go into the upgrade window for a building and see that you have 4/3 iron for example - you have 4 iron, and 3 are needed... If you don't upgrade that building and go into another building that needs 4 iron, it would show 4/4 iron. It doesn't mean that you have 8 iron! You really only have the one iron bucket that has 4 in it. If you upgrade the building that needs 3, then go into the other building that needs 4 iron it would then show that you now have 1/4 iron...

In order to have enough iron for both you'd have to have 7 iron...

This holds true for the money too, except that there is one bucket for blueprints and one for whiteprints.

Is this what you meant about thinking that you had enough for the 2 buildings?

Oh, and one more thing - each material bucket maxes out at 10. So once you get 10 iron, that's only enough to take ONE building from level 1 to level 5, if all levels require iron.... Or you could upgrade two level 3s ( each taking 3 iron) to level 4 and one level 4 to level 5. You won't accrue any more than 10 in the item buckets. You can however put as much money in the blueprints/whiteprints, as is needed for that building...

I figured out the material sharing thing because all level 2s seemed to have the same materials. I did not know there was a max, and I do not think all requests are being accepted / coming thru. But nonetheless it is better than it was a couple of weeks ago. Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer with such thoroughness.
So when I request materials, it doesn't matter under which building I do so, it all goes to the same pot? I was taking the time to make the requests under the building I wanted to upgrade. Hahaha. It should be better explained in the game somewhere. This will save me time moving forward. Thanks again!!

stitcherIam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured out the material sharing thing because all level 2s seemed to have the same materials. I did not know there was a max, and I do not think all requests are being accepted / coming thru. But nonetheless it is better than it was a couple of weeks ago. Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer with such thoroughness.
So when I request materials, it doesn't matter under which building I do so, it all goes to the same pot? I was taking the time to make the requests under the building I wanted to upgrade. Hahaha. It should be better explained in the game somewhere. This will save me time moving forward. Thanks again!!
Correct, as far as I've seen it.

Also, my daughter & I think we have a theory on the gifting issue...
For the past couple weeks, I've been suspecting that they've put a filter ( I.e. max) on the number of requests that will be sent out from a person.
And, I also think that they have a filter that it won't send ANY more out for 24 hours (not sure how this works).
Anyway, I had noticed that I got the most stuff back when I SPECIFICALLY did the hunt-and-peck to find the people who I knew were playing (I.e. I either got gift requests from them or they sent me gifts)
For the last few days I've gotten next-to-nothing - but I've been sending gift requests to all 500+ of my neighbors, 15 at a time, several times during the day. I totally minus-out of the game each time I'm done playing out the accrued time, so it plops ALL 500+ neighbors on the gift request screen every time.
My theory though is that if were limited to 10 or 20 gift request send-outs every day (of course there's no error cause they don't want us to know this), and we waste them by sending to people who are no longer playing, or only sporadically playing, then we'll get little in return...
I know for a fact that I've done gift requests to my daughter EVERY DAY, and she is in the middle of the pack of icons, and she hasn't gotten ANY of them!!! She only plays sporadically now due to frustration (being ticked off at Playdom's antics), but is looking for my requests daily.
Tonight, I'm going to test my theory by sending out 10 gift requests to people I know are playing, and then do another 5 and then another 5 (the another 5s using separate gift items targeted for that - sandstone and gears), and then check by tomorrow night and see what I got back!
Sometimes I've gotten back more than 11 things, but it could be from the sporadics who eventually get back in and return gift requests...
I'm going to submit them at 10 pm pacific time, first sending to the people that play during my 'middle of the night'.
I'll include you too in the list of 20. I'm not going to request any more till tomorrow night at 10, so I should get a reading on how many actually went out...
Sorry to make a long story longer, but we're OBVIOUSLY never going to get any info on how this works from Playdom!!!
Glad we finally connected!

Cosmo113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stitcherIam said:
Correct, as far as I've seen it.

Also, my daughter & I think we have a theory on the gifting issue...
For the past couple weeks, I've been suspecting that they've put a filter ( I.e. max) on the number of requests that will be sent out from a person.
And, I also think that they have a filter that it won't send ANY more out for 24 hours (not sure how this works).
Anyway, I had noticed that I got the most stuff back when I SPECIFICALLY did the hunt-and-peck to find the people who I knew were playing (I.e. I either got gift requests from them or they sent me gifts)
For the last few days I've gotten next-to-nothing - but I've been sending gift requests to all 500+ of my neighbors, 15 at a time, several times during the day. I totally minus-out of the game each time I'm done playing out the accrued time, so it plops ALL 500+ neighbors on the gift request screen every time.
My theory though is that if were limited to 10 or 20 gift request send-outs every day (of course there's no error cause they don't want us to know this), and we waste them by sending to people who are no longer playing, or only sporadically playing, then we'll get little in return...
I know for a fact that I've done gift requests to my daughter EVERY DAY, and she is in the middle of the pack of icons, and she hasn't gotten ANY of them!!! She only plays sporadically now due to frustration (being ticked off at Playdom's antics), but is looking for my requests daily.
Tonight, I'm going to test my theory by sending out 10 gift requests to people I know are playing, and then do another 5 and then another 5 (the another 5s using separate gift items targeted for that - sandstone and gears), and then check by tomorrow night and see what I got back!
Sometimes I've gotten back more than 11 things, but it could be from the sporadics who eventually get back in and return gift requests...
I'm going to submit them at 10 pm pacific time, first sending to the people that play during my 'middle of the night'.
I'll include you too in the list of 20. I'm not going to request any more till tomorrow night at 10, so I should get a reading on how many actually went out...
Sorry to make a long story longer, but we're OBVIOUSLY never going to get any info on how this works from Playdom!!!
Glad we finally connected!

I just now sent you the "mystery gift". If you get it at all let me know what it comes as. Just wondering. I have gotten a ton of the little topiary and really do not want any more and I was just wondering if ppl are sending them on purpose or if it is one of the mystery gifts. I also learned the hard way you can only use 2 energy from friends in one 24 hour period. Now I will never be able to use them all!!! I was saving them so I could use a bunch and play for longer one day and try to build up my scores on some of the challenges. I guess they don't want you to do that! It is 4:45 pm CST right now so I think it is 6:45 your time.

stitcherIam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just now sent you the "mystery gift". If you get it at all let me know what it comes as. Just wondering. I have gotten a ton of the little topiary and really do not want any more and I was just wondering if ppl are sending them on purpose or if it is one of the mystery gifts. I also learned the hard way you can only use 2 energy from friends in one 24 hour period. Now I will never be able to use them all!!! I was saving them so I could use a bunch and play for longer one day and try to build up my scores on some of the challenges. I guess they don't want you to do that! It is 4:45 pm CST right now so I think it is 6:45 your time.
Darn! I had already accepted it before I read this - I think it was a little topiary, but not sure.
I can only use ONE energy per day! Maybe cause I'm at level 63...
I gift out Cretan plane trees to everyone at level 20 and above - you can only use so much thermals & goggles...
Everyone under 20 I send thermals.
My thought is that I can sell the Cretan trees for the most money. With the money I buy more tuelleries bldgs and put into inventory. That way when they release new chapters, all the scenes are automatically opened up for me (in conjunction with the reputation from upgraded stuff in my garden...). Buying the tuelleries speeds up getting to the next level... Getting to the next level gives you more time, and I think it's after hitting level 50 that no more materials open up, and you get the gold bar and $50,000 in coins... Hope you don't mind getting the trees... With 500+ people I had to follow something to get the gifts out quick. If they ever increase the garden size, I want to have an area for upgraded tuelleries bldgs...
Request to all who read this- go out to the playdom support area, create a user ID and password, and enter a suggestion every so often to PLEASE INCREASE THE GARDEN SIZE PAST 18x18
Cosmo - do the mystery gift again tomorrow and I'll pay attention!

stitcherIam

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Btw, I'm pacific time, so I'm earlier than you by 2 hours - I think it's 2 hours...

Cosmo113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stitcherIam said:
Btw, I'm pacific time, so I'm earlier than you by 2 hours - I think it's 2 hours...

You're right, I had it backwards. I visit San Francisco pretty regularly so I should know that!

abmama12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need neighbors! I can't even finish stuff without more unless I want to buy it! Add me please! Gamecenter ID is Jharris323!! Thanks a bunch!

Cosmo113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cosmo113 said:
You're right, I had it backwards. I visit San Francisco pretty regularly so I should know that!

I accepted a request for nails from you this morning. Did you get the "mystery gift"??

Cosmo113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cosmo113 said:
I accepted a request for nails from you this morning. Did you get the "mystery gift"??

I just saw your message about receiving the gift. I will try again tonight. I didn't think of selling the items later. That is a good idea. I have a lot of junk I cold probably get rid of. At the level I am I have maxed out my garden size too, and having problems. So it must be really hard to fit it all at level 63!! And only one energy from a neighbor huh? There are definitely some serious flaws here. I don't see what they have to gain by limiting us so much.
I wanted to tell you, I loaded fairway solitaire per your recommendation and I LOVE it!!! I have not bought the full version yet, but I'm sure I will. So thank you for telling me that!

Most reactions

Latest posts