What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gardens of time neighbors (game center)

Lisirein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Add me will maybe try om ipad soon already in google plus and cant play both but flash crashes so maybe ipad from scratch better
Cant diside
Gc slownhappy

MrIncred1ble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please add "Gamecenter ID" MrIncred1ble

play1335554941

I gift daily and always fill material requests.

MrIncred1ble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please add me.

"Gamecenter ID" MrIncred1ble

play1335554941

I gift daily and always fill material requests.

LaGil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm constantly sending out Energy gifts to my neighbors but have yet to receive any in return? It makes me wonder if they're getting them or don't realize how to play the game? Same with requesting material to upgrade buildings. Requesting but not receiving. But I'm also rarely getting requests. Very confused, since this was always so easy on the FaceBook version.

Cosmo113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LaGil said:
I'm constantly sending out Energy gifts to my neighbors but have yet to receive any in return? It makes me wonder if they're getting them or don't realize how to play the game? Same with requesting material to upgrade buildings. Requesting but not receiving. But I'm also rarely getting requests. Very confused, since this was always so easy on the FaceBook version.

I think there is a glitch. I send gifts and receive very few. I am also not getting much accomplished on materials either. I do get a few requests. I have not played thru Facebook so cannot compare, but with 100 friends you should get more than a couple of gifts a day, and get materials to upgrade several buildings. Mine is crashing pretty regularly lately too. It is getting frustrating!!

stitcherIam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I get an account on tapjoy, how do I know which will help me get gold coins? Is it ones by playdom or what? I do not have any interest in buying their magazines or doing their surveys!! From what I have read they are not rewarding the gold bars as promised anyway.
I've gotten a lot of gold from tapjoy, and never had a problem, but you have to do it right way... I have NEVER not gotten my gold! (I just edited this to say I've never NOT gotten the gold - basically I get it every time!)

When you get in there you find your game - hidden objects for example...

I haven't seen any magazines for sale or surveys on tapjoy, not under it's listing of gold for gardens of time anyway.

Basically, I usually deal with apps which I know I'm going to end up deleting (the war-type ones) - all my gold acquisitions thru tapjoy are for downloading the apps they have listed. No-one says you have to keep the app. You just have to download it, and then (here's the important part) you MUST get it up and running. Here's what I do:

I first go into GOT to see what my current gold level is, and take note of what the tapjoy app gold awarded will be so I know what to look for. I leave the GOT game open (don't know if you need to do this, it's just hoe I do it). Go back into tapjoy for the app and click on the link next to it to get the gold.
It will take you to the app store. Click on the button to get/install the game (I usually only pick the ones that are free to install - possible exception was for Fairway Solitaire because I knew I'd want to keep it).
Once the game is installed, you must then go to that apps icon and bring it up and running. For most of the games I get into it a little ways - put in my name or assign my character - whatever the games startup procedure is - you need to be fully in the game so that it is recognizes that you have it.
I then hop back over to GOT and wah-lah I can see the added gold.
I then hop back over to the game, get out and delete it - very seldom do I keep any of the games - answering yes to delete from gamecenter, etc.
I just did some tapjoy this weekend to unlock the last bonus scene in chapter 9.
I downloaded 2 of their social apps (I think viggle was one?)
Anyway I have NO interest in the social networking...
I got far enough into the app where I entered my email to set up the account (one time I didn't have to do an acct setup to get the gold - I just had to be in the acct setup screen). You can go into GOT to see if you have the gold yet...
Once I got the gold for each, I deleted the apps.

Again, I have NEVER not received my gold - maybe people just think they have to download it, and don't get into the app/game... I think maybe once several months ago I might have had to get out of GOT and then get back in to see the gold... And keep in mind that whenever you download any large app, you should turn off your iPad and turn it back on - reboot it... If you don't see the gold, maybe you need to go a little farther into the new game you just installed...

I like it....

Last edited:

stitcherIam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, I just looked into opening the account and after entering my info it told me it would change the settings on my iPad. What does this mean? I don't want to mess anything up.
I had just gotten into there this weekend after not using it for a month or so. I got the same MSG - but for me, I needed to change it to reference my new iPad, instead of my older ipad2. Not sure exactly what settings it was referring to. I figured it had something to do with settings such that tapjoy can recognize the apps on my iPad but I'm not sure. Anyway I confirmed the setting chg and it was fine. Nothing got messed up - it doesn't chg any of the settings I cared about...

stitcherIam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone applied for the discover card and got the 154 gold bars? Just wondering if it can be trusted and if the rewards are actually coming thru?
I just made a fleeting glance at that a couple months ago. Tapjoy now seems to have its screens a little different - it used to be at it said what the requirements were for each app to get the gold.

As I recall, for the discover, you have apply for the card, and be accepted to get it. I think perhaps within a short amount of time you'd get the gold. I haven't looked at it now though so I don't know.

I stick to the ones you get the gold immediately for...

I did get the larger gold amounts for subscribing to Netflix (I was planning on starting a membership to them anyway), and decided to also subscribe to AARP. For both I did get the 30 or 50 gold for each - whatever they are.

I now stick to the 1 or 2 gold options. I won't subscribe to something I don't want - such as e-harmony...

stitcherIam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finished chapter 8 already - you may want to add those building back in the garden
does anyone know if chapter 9 is out?
I do play everyday and send gifts
Garden name is: Hello if you would like to have another friend :)

They just added chapter 9, while at the same time restricting the game further - can only use 1 energy PER DAY instead of the previous 10; can only get decreasing amount of the added-bonus for visiting neighbors gardens (used to be you could get the bonus for visiting 20 of them. Friday, only gave me bonus for visiting 5, sat only gave me the bonus for visiting 4, today was 3 - starting to see the pattern here!); stuff costs a lot more - the tuelleries buildings I buy used to cost $5810 - now they cost 50% more - $8715! There may be more restrictions...

stitcherIam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lagil - playdom has bugs, perhaps server issues for game activity throughput. At any rate I'm one of a lot of REALLY TICKED OFF people who like this game, but they (playdom) are restricting it so much that there's almost no point in continuing...they still have bugs with getting new friends thru the GOT invites ( get notifications, but no-one is there).
I know they're restricting somehow how many game requests you can send and/or receive - behind the scenes because there's no error given... And of course NO DOCUMENTATION! (what documentation they have for the game is stupid - elementary...)
I'm very disgruntled with the direction playdom is taking the iPad mobile game - they had a very good game and are removing so many things that you can't play it for more than a few min every couple of hours. I have NEVER heard of a company REMOVING functionality from a game!

Cosmo113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stitcherIam said:
I just made a fleeting glance at that a couple months ago. Tapjoy now seems to have its screens a little different - it used to be at it said what the requirements were for each app to get the gold.

As I recall, for the discover, you have apply for the card, and be accepted to get it. I think perhaps within a short amount of time you'd get the gold. I haven't looked at it now though so I don't know.

I stick to the ones you get the gold immediately for...

I did get the larger gold amounts for subscribing to Netflix (I was planning on starting a membership to them anyway), and decided to also subscribe to AARP. For both I did get the 30 or 50 gold for each - whatever they are.

I now stick to the 1 or 2 gold options. I won't subscribe to something I don't want - such as e-harmony...

It's funny. I have now invited you on GOT 3 times the last time being just now. I know you are not declining, so the invites are going to the same place as the material requests I guess! It is almost getting to where I am going to quit, and I really enjoy this game a lot.

Most reactions

Latest posts