What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gardens of time neighbors (game center)

stitcherIam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - that's a good question - you ought to ask the playdom support folks. DON'T try to contact off of the gardens of time app 'contact support' button. Instead, in the text for the app they have a link to their website. On there is a support function. They've replied back to me with questions I've had. I may have to go there for my question - posting separately here.

stitcherIam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need help please in getting my new ipad to recognize my existing garden!!

I just added this request to the Playdom support area, but thought I'd add it here as well. I also put it under another area of the ipad formum - I don't see any other gardens of time thread other than this neighbors one, so I don't know that that request will get answered. Hoping someone here can help!

I just got the new iPad (3rd gen). I synced it from the cloud, and then it automatically downloaded all my games, of which gardens of time is one... It automatically set all my settings the same, including my gamecenter ID.

When I first got into the gardens of time game on the new iPad, it flashed my correct gamecenter ID (stitcher-I-am), but the game gave me an entirely new empty garden - YIKES! It started off asking me for a garden name. I entered my existing garden name (Cheryl's Garden), hoping that it would recognize that existing garden name within my gamecenter ID, but no such luck.

How do I get the gardens of time game on my new iPad to recognize my existing, very pretty (if I do say do myself!) garden that I worked so hard to build???

I REALLY do NOT want to have to start all over again!

After naming my new empty garden my same garden name, I thought that perhaps I needed to change the new garden to my existing GOT player ID - perhaps then it would recognize it. But if not, I did NOT want the alternative of the game wiping out my existing level 45 garden, and replacing it with the new iPad empty garden for that gardens of time player ID.

Can anyone please help me? I'm sure I'm not the only new iPad owner experiencing this same problem.

I want to use the same account info - garden name and playerID.

Last edited:

sharp1607

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need help please in getting my new ipad to recognize my existing garden!!

I just added this request to the Playdom support area, but thought I'd add it here as well. I also put it under another area of the ipad formum - I don't see any other gardens of time thread other than this neighbors one, so I don't know that that request will get answered. Hoping someone here can help!

I just got the new iPad (3rd gen). I synced it from the cloud, and then it automatically downloaded all my games, of which gardens of time is one... It automatically set all my settings the same, including my gamecenter ID.

When I first got into the gardens of time game on the new iPad, it flashed my correct gamecenter ID (stitcher-I-am), but the game gave me an entirely new empty garden - YIKES! It started off asking me for a garden name. I entered my existing garden name (Cheryl's Garden), hoping that it would recognize that existing garden name within my gamecenter ID, but no such luck.

How do I get the gardens of time game on my new iPad to recognize my existing, very pretty (if I do say do myself!) garden that I worked so hard to build???

I REALLY do NOT want to have to start all over again!

After naming my new empty garden my same garden name, I thought that perhaps I needed to change the new garden to my existing GOT player ID - perhaps then it would recognize it. But if not, I did NOT want the alternative of the game wiping out my existing level 45 garden, and replacing it with the new iPad empty garden for that gardens of time player ID.

Can anyone please help me? I'm sure I'm not the only new iPad owner experiencing this same problem.

I want to use the same account info - garden name and playerID.

I just had the same issue. I had to log in to Facebook from inside the game on old ipad, set up a new facebook page first as I was not a user. It asked me if I wanted to link my game to Facebook and I said yes. Then I went to my new iPad and went into face book from inside the new game. it said that facebooked was liked to another game gave name and level and asked if I wanted to use that game instead I said yes and it then linked. It took some time to get everything linked but it was worth it and I was only on level 20. I made sure the new iPad was playing the right game before I reset the old one. No issues since that. It same on the app that you can only save your stats in Facebook.

Hope that helps a little. GOT ID: play4321536

Rosellainoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scratch said:
Hi

We play all day everyday and blitz, like and gift all neighbours everyday
Please at me and my mate and me if you havent already.

Gardens of Time:
Player ID: pharaoh Khufu or Game Center Harry and Me ( Garden name: Nile Paradise)
Player ID: play0720501 or Game Center Scratch Perfect ( Garden name: ScratchPerfect)
Play8327630 (garden name Foxy)

Thanks and hope to see you soon

Not sure how you gift all neighbours every day. I can't. There seems to be a limit on how many gifts you can end each day. With 420 neighbours now I just can't get around to them all. Apologies to those I never gift or visit.

stitcherIam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
THANK-YOU! I'm going to give that a try tonight. It's kind of ridiculous that you have to have a Facebook account to do that - I wonder where they store our level, points, garden info at? Perhaps some unidentified Facebook acct for those of us who don't have a Facebook account?? Not knowing anything about Facebook, if it allows me to assign my own user I'd, I'm going to use something like AFUD for 'added Facebook under duress' - under duress to sync the iPad data! LOL... Btw - I have a ton of virtual neighbors (over 300 by now), but I'll add you as a neighbor too. Thanks so much for your clear directions! Have you noticed any timing improvements when playing on the new iPad?

Thanks again Sharp1607 - that worked and I still haven't heard back from Playdom on this support ticket I submitted over the weekend... It did create one minor problem though. Before Even starting the sync process, I had sent gifts to >200 neighbors yesterday. When my garden came up on the new iPad, it had all these same people listed on the gifts page, and naturally when I tried to get them off by giving a gift I got the 'oops, at least one of these people... Already received a gift from you today' message. I'm hoping that once the 24 hours rolls by I won't get that message. But for now I cant issue any more gifts because I have no idea which who received the gifts under my old iPad and who has not yet... I apparently already have you as a neighbor - that's what it said for your GOT play ID. I sure am glad I don't have to start over!! Thanks again!

Last edited:

sharp1607

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too was unhappy about being forced to join Facebook, pu tin as little info as possible and even set up an email just for that.
Glad I could help. I added you as a neighbor a bit ago as I was tring to
complete one of the building projects and used this forum to find people.

stitcherIam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Sharp - I was wondering why it said you were already a neighbor when I tried to add you!

When folks need more neighbors, add me via the gardens of time neighbor invite - my gardens of time player I'd is stitcherIam. Also do a gamecenter friend invite - my gamecenter I'd is stitcher-I-am. I USED to prefer just going thru the gamecenter invite, since you're limited to only so many gardens of time invites per day - after someone accepts the gamecenter invite, they show up in your gardens of time 'invite friends' screen, in the center gamecenter window - you can tap on their gamecenter icon there and invite them as a GOT friend - thus avoiding using one of your limited GOT daily invites... However, for 2 reasons I no longer just go thru the gamecenter invite route - 1st, playdom made a change so you can invite more people per day. 2nd (the most important reason) - playdom has a horrible problem where gamecenter friends you ALREADY have show up every day in that center gamecenter invite friends area! I now have over 350 friends (who I gift everyday), so I have no idea in the hundreds of icons, in that window, who is NOT an existing neighbor - so I will never do an invite from that gamecenter window... Im guessing that playdom, rather than use that window to display gamecenter friends who are NOT your GOT friends (what we'd prefer it do), that they instead use it to display all your gamecenter friends who are not currently 'logged on' - it's a prompt to get them to log on and play...

Useful tip 1: once you have someone as a gamecenter friend, you can go into gamecenter and see who all their friends are - and can see who there is playing gardens of time!
So, ANYONE needing more neighbors can get a ton by starting with the gamecenter invites of folks who play gardens of time, who are friends of someone like me who has tons of neighbors already... ALL my friends were done thru gardens of time & gamecenter.

Useful tip 2: once you get a bunch of neighbors (I don't remember if it was 50, 100, or 150), the game doubles your list of global gardens - instead of just seeing 25 you an see 49 of them

Useful tip 3: google 'gardens of time cheats' and pull up the one from gardensoftime.blogspot.com, dated may 30, 2011. It has WONDERFUL numbered screen prints of the blitz screens - in case you need help knowing where some of the stuff is (like the anchor and butterfly in the attaché scene...). It will still take you a while to master them, but at least you'll know where the stuff is. I was first able to finish the speakeasy, then the prehistoric jungle and just recently finally can beat the attaché case! Note - none of them contain as many items as it says they do...
A BIG hint on these blitz screens - you'll gat familiar with the overall order of stuff in the blitz screens - perhaps it does this as you continually play them... They'll ALWAYS switch it up a bit at the start - usually 3 or 4 different things there at the beginning, but after I do several of the different things I switch over to the order I've come to know - that's how I'm able to finish them!

I also had wondered how people are at high levels with pretty gardens - I figured it out and made mine pretty. Once you get all the scenes unlocked, you can then archive all those ugly buildings and put in pretty stuff. I sell stuff I won't use, but keep 400 of the Tuileries buildings in my archive - once they open up chapter 8, I'll archive all my pretty stuff and put back in the Tuileries buildings to get my reputation back so the new scenes will open up... I used Microsoft excel to create a grid of how my pretty garden looks so I can later reset it...

One last thing that works for me - I always bought the most expensive stuff I could (while buying the required stuff) at the time. When you move up, keep in mind not only the cost of the item and how much reputation you get for it, also consider how much space it takes up in your garden! When I realized that the vineyard takes up 4 squares, I found that 2 of the aqueducts gave me more 'bang for my buck' with regards to rewarded XPs for the coin cost... Similarly, at the highest level the Tuileries buildings do the same - highest reputation points gained for an item that takes up only 1 square of real estate!

ajn2702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just started playing this week and have just hit level 12. I need some neighbors!
Play ID: play3890446
GC: ajn2702

stitcherIam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need masses to complain to garden of time vendor regarding today's time change!

I know this thread is for neighbors, but I'm trying to hit as many areas as I can. As of today, playdom (developer for this game) applied a change to make the max accrual time 30 instead of 60! Thus after sleeping, or working or otherwise away, you only have 3 plays!!!

If you too are unhappy about this, please go into their website (listed in the app text as Playdom Support : Gardens of Time Mobile). On their website look for info on support - you have to register there with your email so they can reply. You get a ticket assigned and eventually they reply back, unfortunately it's usually with an inadequate reply so you have to reply back several times...

Ironically, their text for the game on the app says 'We want to make the game better for YOU!'
I don't know how they think that changing the time max from 60 to 30 is making it better for ME

Please create tickets on their support website to flood them with our frustration about this, and then also add a negative 1-star review on the app itself, as several others are doing.

They already increased the time from 2 min to 4 to get the time to increase by 1, so to play it takes 40 min to get the 10 required for 1 play.

If they keep making these negative moves, I'm going to quit playing. I refuse to pay money to play!

I just wish they'd fix the bugs and make gamer-improvements to the game (increase garden size, maintain your reputation when archiving stuff so your garden can be made pretty, add more items to buy as you move up in levels) and QUIT making negative changes!

Most reactions